Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zimmerli pajamas closest to the LX F version?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
I was literally about to respond with “wow I can’t believe the 5 pages of utter rubbish arguing semantics without actually helping the OP that’s taken place over the last 24 hours”... but you beat me to it

I think one or two people here need to check themselves, stop turning any new post into an argument (or something in which you find fault), and actually use this forum to help others and to benefit the community.

Too often on the LH/LX forums the posts are going way off topic, and it isn’t helpful in the slightest. Nor is it interesting. Mods please can we start trying to curb this....
Well said, it’s a matter of record which posters actually help others here & those that don’t
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bpratt
I had no idea that what I thought was a simple question would generate 5 pages of replies. Especially without any answers to the actual question, which I'll paraphrase as "Which pajamas you can buy on Zimmerli's web site are closest to the ones given out in F on LX?"
Yes, quite astonishing & as others have said you would probably have to approach Zimmerli but then since you like the LX F variety so much, why pay way more for something you might not be as happy with ? Lots of LX F Zimmerli on EBay
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Zimmerli LX PJ’s are vastly superior to LH Van Laack IMO
I have both, and agree with your statement. To the point that after having the LX, I almost never use the LH again...
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by bpratt
I'm trying to determine which Zimmerli pajamas for sale thru their web site are closest to the version distributed in F on Swiss.
Bpratt, its actually an interesting topic you posted, since I too had the same question in mind after I flew LX F and got my pair (dark blue's with the button on the shirt). I looked thru the site, but, could not find anything that resembled, and, the prices did scary me! I guess now that you reminded me of it I will go with ebay for one...
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedRobin
I have both, and agree with your statement. To the point that after having the LX, I almost never use the LH again...
Yet another satisfied user of LX Zimmerli PJ’s , since they are after all an F giveaway, I think LX & Zimmerli are doing a good job 👍
vantage03 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Seems passive aggressive to subtly imply that I think the PJs are sub-standard. I think they're great, and I've stated it many times in this thread. Anyways, not bumping this up to re-iterate that.

Turns out where I live in Paris is across the street from a Zimmerli boutique. As a contribution to this thread and apology for my part in the vast debate that ensued, I will head there tomorrow and ask the question the OP is posting. Coincidentally, I also have a pair of the F PJs and will take them with me when I talk to the shop.

I also assume that'll entitle me to another 5 pages of schooling some (or one) of the posters ITT ;-)... jkjk
Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by sophialite
Seems passive aggressive to subtly imply that I think the PJs are sub-standard. I think they're great, and I've stated it many times in this thread. Anyways, not bumping this up to re-iterate that.

Turns out where I live in Paris is across the street from a Zimmerli boutique. As a contribution to this thread and apology for my part in the vast debate that ensued, I will head there tomorrow and ask the question the OP is posting. Coincidentally, I also have a pair of the F PJs and will take them with me when I talk to the shop.

I also assume that'll entitle me to another 5 pages of schooling some (or one) of the posters ITT ;-)... jkjk
that would be very much appreciated. Unfortunately shops carrying Zimmerli are quite rare in the San Francisco area and those that do typically
only have women’s underwear. And I received no reply to an email via their website, although I may try that again as well.

worst case I’ll be back in Switzerland this summer at least once, so I can always add to my shopping list then.

thanks
bob
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:39 am

As a woman of my word, I ventured down Rue St. Honore this morning to get answers to some of the questions man has asked since the beginning of time.

I went to the Zimmerli boutique, Swiss F PJs in a small bag, and asked what are the closest PJs in their collection to this.

1) Obviously, the same PJs would be ideal. But they said they didn't sell them and that they are not part of the collection, so I can't buy them from the store.
2) I, again obviously, asked if Zimmerli manufactures the Swiss PJs. The very helpful saleslady said "yes," and then backtracked, and said they were "branded as Zimmerli." She said they're probably not made in Switzerland, but most likely in Italy. Honestly, her response didn't inspire confidence in either direction, so no point in unpacking further what she meant and whether that really means Zimmerli makes it.
3) The closest PJ they have is the navy set below. The, again very helpful, saleslady said that the quality in these PJs is far superior (she used the word "ciel," which I've never heard of before), whereas the Swiss PJs are made from "basic cotton." To the touch, the cotton here was obviously finer, and silkier to the touch. I almost thought it was some poly-blend--that's how smooth it was. I also thought it might have been sateen, which is a satin weave used in cotton to give a silkier texture. She assured me that the cotton is simply better. It was difficult to tell from the touch if it was better because it was literally off the shelf and had never been worn nor washed. And I think comparing them to the Swiss PJs was not apples-to-apples because the Swiss ones have been through the wash. They were frankly a bit ratty, which was embarrassing for me, but whatever. She assured me that the quality was far superior, and to be honest there is no way these PJs or any version of these are the Swiss PJs. She also said they don't actually sell the basic cotton that the Swiss PJs are made of.
4) There are some key differences here. Namely, there's no drawstring or any tightener or fastener of any type either on the bottoms or the tops. The bottoms are elasticated at the waist. And both items have an interior trim that's neon green. Also there's a stitching detail in the pocket that's not in the Swiss PJ.
5) Aside from the color being navy blue, these PJs were not that similar to the Swiss PJs, although this is all they have in the collection that's even navy (aside from a short-sleeved version of the top). I asked her if any PJ bottoms in their collection have drawstrings, and she said only the shorts.

Pictures below are pix of: PJs, price tag with style codes so you can find on your own (EUR 400 is the price BTW), interior label. Hope this helps.

airoli and vantage03 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: Miles & More SEN
It's at least 128'000. Swiss actually stocks more PJs per flights to account for sizes. So I doubt Zimmerli would be able to produce that many garments in Switzerland.

Also the cosmetics provided in F: the La Prairie Lip Balm cannot be purchased from La Prairie, so they have just put their name on the product. I think however, that the other products are actually from La Prairie.
And as for the Elemex toothbrush, that piece of trash has most certainly been outsourced by Elemex to some other company, as you cannot find it on the market and its quality is very poor.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:56 am

I actually think the la prairie is la prarie but I don’t think that’s a compliment. La Prarie is overpriced garbage, although I am a fanatic of the lip balm they hand out on Swiss, and which you cannot purchase in stores.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:19 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Good FT spirit to actually go to the store and ask.

Is that your face in the picture? So we can say hi now, when we see you at the FCL.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by allain
Also the cosmetics provided in F: the La Prairie Lip Balm cannot be purchased from La Prairie, so they have just put their name on the product.
Which is probably a good thing, as it is the only one of the La Prairie branded products on LX I like and would actually buy.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Good FT spirit to actually go to the store and ask.

Is that your face in the picture? So we can say hi now, when we see you at the FCL.
hi or just smirk at me? jk

no, not my face. with notoriety comes the need for anonymity.

that said, im not opposed to an FCL meet up :-D. I do frequently see FTers convening in them.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:17 am

no, not my face. with notoriety comes the need for anonymity.
That's true.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:19 am

I do want to add, for the sake of intellectual honesty (which is something I value greatly), that if she had unequivocally said they were handmade in Switzerland by Zimmerli I would have said that here. She didn’t seem terribly impressed by the Swiss PJs, although again in fairness I had worn them the previous night and they’ve been in the wash a few times.
Nick Art likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.