Zimmerli pajamas closest to the LX F version?

Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by sophialite
It’s just a fact. You look at the language and nothing states that’s it’s manufactured by zimmerli. If anything I find it suspicious that they haven’t gone out their way to make it clear, if it was in fact made by zimmerli.
Casting aspersions on a company like Zimmerli with nothing to back it up, maybe get back to us when you have something credible ?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
It’s just a fact. You look at the language and nothing states that’s it’s manufactured by zimmerli. If anything I find it suspicious that they haven’t gone out their way to make it clear, if it was in fact made by zimmerli.

Linguistics aside, i don’t think it makes economic sense for Swiss to buy pyjamas manufactured by zimmerli as opposed to licensing it. We also have evidence that LH Group does this broadly for the other amenities they offer, including in F.

and there’s nothing wrong with this btw. If OP wants zimmerli just buy zimmerli. Odds are that whatever he buys off the shelf will be better than what he’s getting in the cabin, unless he’s a particularly big fan of draw string trousers and navy blue.
OP here. I am basically a fan of the feel of the ones handed out in the cabin, and I do specifically want draw string pants. The pair I got in November on LX were black, not navy blue :-)

I can't tell from the zimmerli website which men's pyjama pants have draw string vs elastic, and without being able to see them in a store I can't tell which would have the same or similar "feel" to the LX ones. Hence my original question.

It does feel like Zimmerli is missing an opportunity here. If they are providing pj's on LX partly as a promotion of their brand, I'd think they would make it easy to for customers who liked those to easily buy more similar ones.

thx,
Bob
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
Casting aspersions on a company like Zimmerli with nothing to back it up, maybe get back to us when you have something credible ?
I don’t think you know what “casting aspersions” means. And I feel like I’ve been clear about this, but just to be clear again: I don’t think there’s anything wrong with zimmerli licensing their brand to an outsourced product. That is logical and makes sense, especially in the context of airline operations where margins are thin.

This is more to say—don’t be fooled into thinking the pyjamas you’re getting on LX are actually from zimmerli.

And in terms of proof—I can’t prove a negative. On the other hand, you can prove a positive, and you haven’t. All you’ve proven is that you have a tenuous grasp of the English language.
This is also ok. Not everyone has to have good English :-)
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by bpratt
OP here. I am basically a fan of the feel of the ones handed out in the cabin, and I do specifically want draw string pants. The pair I got in November on LX were black, not navy blue :-)

I can't tell from the zimmerli website which men's pyjama pants have draw string vs elastic, and without being able to see them in a store I can't tell which would have the same or similar "feel" to the LX ones. Hence my original question.

It does feel like Zimmerli is missing an opportunity here. If they are providing pj's on LX partly as a promotion of their brand, I'd think they would make it easy to for customers who liked those to easily buy more similar ones.

thx,
Bob
If you run a business you’re just happy to have LX distribute your jammies because it’s brand recognition and a customer acquisition channel. What is likely the case is that Zimmerli can’t sell you the jammies distributed on LX because they don’t actually make them. It makes better business sense for them to license to an outsourced company who makes them on the cheap, and then acquire customers like you who will then spend $$$ on their actual products.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don’t think you know what “casting aspersions” means. And I feel like I’ve been clear about this, but just to be clear again: I don’t think there’s anything wrong with zimmerli licensing their brand to an outsourced product. That is logical and makes sense, especially in the context of airline operations where margins are thin.

This is more to say—don’t be fooled into thinking the pyjamas you’re getting on LX are actually from zimmerli.

And in terms of proof—I can’t prove a negative. On the other hand, you can prove a positive, and you haven’t. All you’ve proven is that you have a tenuous grasp of the English language.
This is also ok. Not everyone has to have good English :-)
Yes, I do understand my native language but thanks for your concern

Get back to us when it’s not as described on the label
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:52 am

Yes, I do understand my native language but thanks for your concern

Get back to us when it’s not as described on the label
Since when does “from” necessarily mean “made by”?

I’ll make this very easy for you:

Yesterday my mom gave me a watch. She included a note, “happy birthday! Please enjoy this gift from your mother.”

I don’t interpret that as meaning my mom made the watch.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since when does “from” necessarily mean “made by”?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:55 am
Original Poster

If you run a business you’re just happy to have LX distribute your jammies because it’s brand recognition and a customer acquisition channel. What is likely the case is that Zimmerli can’t sell you the jammies distributed on LX because they don’t actually make them. It makes better business sense for them to license to an outsourced company who makes them on the cheap, and then acquire customers like you who will then spend $$$ on their actual products.
Oh, I completely agree with you. But if the Zimmerli web site had a link somewhere that said "you like our pyjamas on LX, here's what you should buy from us", I'd have already purchased some. That's the step I think their marketing people are missing.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:56 am

Oh, I completely agree with you. But if the Zimmerli web site had a link somewhere that said "you like our pyjamas on LX, here's what you should buy from us", I'd have already purchased some. That's the step I think their marketing people are missing.
Yeah probably. Swiss should definitely sell the pyjamas, altho possibly restrictions against that in the licensing agreement.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, it’s not missing, they actively want you to buy from their range
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah probably. Swiss should definitely sell the pyjamas, altho possibly restrictions against that in the licensing agreement.
So, you missed the buttons on the PJ’s and the marketing/ offer labels but your sure Zimmerli don’t make them & their not real or original ?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:08 pm

So, you missed the buttons on the PJ’s and the marketing/ offer labels but your sure Zimmerli don’t make them & their not real or original ?
Wait a second. Do you seriously not understand how licensing works?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

No, it’s not missing, they actively want you to buy from their range
and I want to buy from them, I'm just having trouble figuring out which ones will be closest to the ones I already like.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait a second. Do you seriously not understand how licensing works?
Of course I understand but again, I so appreciate your concern

Get back to us when you are really sure LX are providing us with fake or not real Zimmerli PJ’s , whilst I’m waiting I will continue to enjoy mine
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:15 pm

Of course I understand but again, I so appreciate your concern

Get back to us when you are really sure LX are providing us with fake or not real Zimmerli PJ’s , whilst I’m waiting I will continue to enjoy mine
To be brutally honest, I’m not concerned.

I’m jealous.

You are high enough at a company to fly paid F, you are one of the most frequent posters online, and your grasp of business concepts and fundamental logic and language is so poor that I can’t possibly imagine you serving any useful function at a company.

Can I have your life!?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.