Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zimmerli pajamas closest to the LX F version?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
Seems clear to me that they are ‘real’ Zimmerli pyjamas

Nope. The closest is “from Zimmerli of Switzerland,” but it still isn’t clear that they make it. And the rest of the verbiage is irrelevant it’s more about brand history than it is about the particular garments provided.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by sophialite
Nope. The closest is “from Zimmerli of Switzerland,” but it still isn’t clear that they make it. And the rest of the verbiage is irrelevant it’s more about brand history than it is about the particular garments provided.
Clear to me anyhow, that they are made by whoever makes the regular Zimmerli garments
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:55 am

Clear to me anyhow, that they are made by whoever makes the regular Zimmerli garments
I’m not actually sure the tag proves that either. We don’t know who makes the garments so it’s difficult, new or old, so it’s difficult to say they’re the same.

The current ones are certainly cheaper to construct. They no longer have collars or buttons, for instance. And there are small details where you can tell cost has been cut.

I do like the pyjamas though. But it’s easy to like 100% cotton when it’s brand new and ready to wear. After a few dozen washes though and it’s indistinguishable.

As to whether it’s better than the others, I don’t have enough of a sample of other airlines. Don’t think it’s vastly superior to LH. Definitely better than AF P’s, which resembles nylon sports jerseys more than anything else.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: LX SEN
LX's pjs do not mention "handmade in Switzerland". I will have to check whether the bought one display the claim that the pj is handmade in Switzerland.

To answer to Sophia, the LX's pj' have a weave that is the same for men and women. I do not believe that it could/should be finer for men. And, the weave appears similar to the weave of my bought zim pj.

With respect to the tailoring, it never came to my mind to associate the words taylor and a man's pj.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m not actually sure the tag proves that either. We don’t know who makes the garments so it’s difficult, new or old, so it’s difficult to say they’re the same.

The current ones are certainly cheaper to construct. They no longer have collars or buttons, for instance. And there are small details where you can tell cost has been cut.

I do like the pyjamas though. But it’s easy to like 100% cotton when it’s brand new and ready to wear. After a few dozen washes though and it’s indistinguishable.

As to whether it’s better than the others, I don’t have enough of a sample of other airlines. Don’t think it’s vastly superior to LH. Definitely better than AF P’s, which resembles nylon sports jerseys more than anything else.
Well, I’m convinced by the tag wording & that it’s good sense for the brand to maintain its reputation.

Mine have a button on the breast pocket & the lack of a collar doesn’t mean it’s cheaper since we were all told that the special edition given out on old A340 F were superior & they didn’t have a collar.

Zimmerli LX PJ’s are vastly superior to LH Van Laack IMO
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I own some Zimmerli underwear and the tag clearly says "Made in Switzerland". On my LX F PJs, there is no such statement.

So... they might be made by or for Zimmerli, but probably not in Switzerland.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Just checked several different generations of LX PJs and it either says "Zimmerli for SWISS First" or just "Zimmerli", but not where they were made.

Anyway, I am not sure how important it is whether they are made in Switzerland or not, and how many Swiss people would be involved in the manufacturing process if they were.

One of our BMWs is made in the United States, but as long as the quality is fine ...
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
I own some Zimmerli underwear and the tag clearly says "Made in Switzerland". On my LX F PJs, there is no such statement.

So... they might be made by or for Zimmerli, but probably not in Switzerland.
It’s a shame we are unable to ask @SwissInternationalAirLines , the former lurker, for clarification, maybe they were SWISSPORTED away, a painful process, I imagine.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:15 am

Nothing Chris63 posted proves that zimmerli actually makes the pyjamas, unfortunately. If the verbiage satisfies his standards, they must be low standards :-)
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Just checked several different generations of LX PJs and it either says "Zimmerli for SWISS First" or just "Zimmerli", but not where they were made.

Anyway, I am not sure how important it is whether they are made in Switzerland or not, and how many Swiss people would be involved in the manufacturing process if they were.

One of our BMWs is made in the United States, but as long as the quality is fine ...
i don’t care that they’re made in Switzerland or made by zimmerli. I just am pretty sure neither is the case.
airoli likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing Chris63 posted proves that zimmerli actually makes the pyjamas, unfortunately. If the verbiage satisfies his standards, they must be low standards :-)

Keep going, that’s very mild for you
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i don’t care that they’re made in Switzerland or made by zimmerli. I just am pretty sure neither is the case.
Pretty sure, based on what , exactly ?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:27 am

It’s just a fact. You look at the language and nothing states that’s it’s manufactured by zimmerli. If anything I find it suspicious that they haven’t gone out their way to make it clear, if it was in fact made by zimmerli.

Linguistics aside, i don’t think it makes economic sense for Swiss to buy pyjamas manufactured by zimmerli as opposed to licensing it. We also have evidence that LH Group does this broadly for the other amenities they offer, including in F.

and there’s nothing wrong with this btw. If OP wants zimmerli just buy zimmerli. Odds are that whatever he buys off the shelf will be better than what he’s getting in the cabin, unless he’s a particularly big fan of draw string trousers and navy blue.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s just a fact. You look at the language and nothing states that’s it’s manufactured by zimmerli. If anything I find it suspicious that they haven’t gone out their way to make it clear, if it was in fact made by zimmerli.

Linguistics aside, i don’t think it makes economic sense for Swiss to buy pyjamas manufactured by zimmerli as opposed to licensing it. We also have evidence that LH Group does this broadly for the other amenities they offer, including in F.

and there’s nothing wrong with this btw. If OP wants zimmerli just buy zimmerli. Odds are that whatever he buys off the shelf will be better than what he’s getting in the cabin, unless he’s a particularly big fan of draw string trousers and navy blue.
OP, likes the LX Zimmerli as do I, that part must have washed over you.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:52 am

OP, likes the LX Zimmerli as do I, that part must have washed over you.
as I stated at the bottom

unless he’s a particularly big fan of draw string trousers and navy blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.