Wiki Posts
Search

Limousine service / London / Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Limousine service / London / Singapore

Just booked a 2 for 1 deal for next Xmas.

We go out from London in business and come back in First from Singapore.

I called Swiss who after 20 mins gave me an email address in Switzerland of a cab company. I asked I if they dealt with london and Singapore and she said yes. they wrote back saying they only deal with Switzerland.

in business from London do Swiss provide a car ? They did for first.

likewise do they provide a car for first from Singapore ?

if so does anyone know how I book !

thanks !
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by jeremyBA
Just booked a 2 for 1 deal for next Xmas.

We go out from London in business and come back in First from Singapore.

I called Swiss who after 20 mins gave me an email address in Switzerland of a cab company. I asked I if they dealt with london and Singapore and she said yes. they wrote back saying they only deal with Switzerland.

in business from London do Swiss provide a car ? They did for first.

likewise do they provide a car for first from Singapore ?

if so does anyone know how I book !

thanks !
There is no limousine service ex UK for business class, only F, for UK issued tickets, LX & LH provide the service for outbound & inbound flights, to & from U.K. airports.. You should qualify for a pick up on your return, so long as your flight from SIN is on LX metal, LX177.
No car ex SIN.
You can only book up to 3 Months in advance.

Just google Swiss and Lufthansa Limousine service U.K. for the link.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Originally Posted by chris63
There is no limousine service ex UK for business class, only F, for UK issued tickets, LX & LH provide the service for outbound & inbound flights, to & from U.K. airports.. You should qualify for a pick up on your return, so long as your flight from SIN is on LX metal, LX177.
No car ex SIN.
You can only book up to 3 Months in advance.

Just google Swiss and Lufthansa Limousine service U.K. for the link.
I assume this service is offered for UK residents only but but not for residents from other European countries starting their journey in the UK?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:37 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by gru_muc
I assume this service is offered for UK residents only but but not for residents from other European countries starting their journey in the UK?
It's offered to all people that have bought an F ticket departing from the UK. It also doesn't matter where you physicall bought your ticket. All that matters is the departure airport, which must lie in the UK and obviously that the ticket has been bought in First Class.

The same offer also exists in Italy, Scandinavia and Dubai and I think the Ukraine.

Otherwise that'd be quite rude imho.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Thank you.

I had not thought of the car back when returning to the UK.

Do you have a link please?

Google gets me nowhere - it comes up with UEA, Sweden and all sorts - but not the UK!

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gru_muc
No, residency doesn’t make any difference, it must be a U.K. issued F ticket to qualify for the Limousine service
gru_muc likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
It's offered to all people that have bought an F ticket departing from the UK. It also doesn't matter where you physicall bought your ticket. All that matters is the departure airport, which must lie in the UK and obviously that the ticket has been bought in First Class.

The same offer also exists in Italy, Scandinavia and Dubai and I think the Ukraine.

Otherwise that'd be quite rude imho.
No, the Limousine service ex UK is paid for from the LH/LX UK marketing budget & the ticket must be issued in the U.K., so paid in GBP on LH or LX .com, Expedia UK & paid in GBP also works but where your ticket is issued is on your E-ticket receipt
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:13 am

I will arrive in London on Swiss from Zurich on an F ticket SFO-ZRH-LHR. The ZRH-LHR leg will be in business. Do I get a car on arrival in London? Or is the F car service only ex-UK?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Rabaja
I will arrive in London on Swiss from Zurich on an F ticket SFO-ZRH-LHR. The ZRH-LHR leg will be in business. Do I get a car on arrival in London? Or is the F car service only ex-UK?
Only if your ticket was sold in the UK in GBP, e.g. if SFO-LHR is the return on a trip that started at LHR.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:28 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Doesn't an ex-UK ticket automatically get issued in the UK? It is most certainly the case when the ticket is bought on the website and I'm pretty convinced it also applies to tickets bought through TAs. I was under the impression a ticket pretty much always gets issued in the country in which its departure airport lies with only very few exceptions. Or am I mistaken?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Doesn't an ex-UK ticket automatically get issued in the UK? It is most certainly the case when the ticket is bought on the website and I'm pretty convinced it also applies to tickets bought through TAs. I was under the impression a ticket pretty much always gets issued in the country in which its departure airport lies with only very few exceptions. Or am I mistaken?
Many airlines will only let you buy tickets from their website and have them issued in the departure country. With TAs, you can buy an ex-UK ticket from a Canadian TA or Expedia.ca, for example, and have it issued in Canada.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 3:23 pm

Thanks. The trip originates in the US (SFO-ZRH-LHR, DUS-ZRH-SFO). Ticket purchased on Swiss.com with US credit card. => No car in London on arrival, right?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Thanks. The trip originates in the US (SFO-ZRH-LHR, DUS-ZRH-SFO). Ticket purchased on Swiss.com with US credit card. => No car in London on arrival, right?
Right!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by jeremyBA
Thank you.

I had not thought of the car back when returning to the UK.

Do you have a link please?

Google gets me nowhere - it comes up with UEA, Sweden and all sorts - but not the UK!

Thanks
https://www.swiss.com/unitedkingdom/EN
Scroll down for "Airport Transfer for First Class passengers"
gru_muc likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, LX or LH.com tickets issued in GBP but via. TA it’s possible to chose, recently bought an ex Asia F ticket & had it issued in the UK by a TA so I got the car on arrival & departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.