FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   FCL A - Coat Storage Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/2003275-fcl-coat-storage-question.html)

verve Jan 8, 2020 3:23 am

FCL A - Coat Storage Question

Travelers departing in winter and flying to warmer countries can also deposit their coat free of charge in a lockable wardrobe facility.
Has anyone ever used this service? Does it still exist? And when getting back to pick-up the coat (and maybe have breakfast) - will someone pick-up and store checked luggage from the belt downstairs?

Vixit Jan 8, 2020 9:58 am

Originally Posted by verve (Post 31922932)
Has anyone ever used this service? Does it still exist? And when getting back to pick-up the coat (and maybe have breakfast) - will someone pick-up and store checked luggage from the belt downstairs?

I had planned to use it last year, but I was in transit and was told by FCL A staff that the coat check is handled by another service located somewhere in the check-in area, landside. I could then go out and do it, but I would need to pass security to get in again. Same to pick it up on the return. I decided that was too much hassle.

So the coat check has nothing to do with FCL A and it’s best suited for travelers originating in ZRH.

vantage03 Jan 8, 2020 11:18 am

I enquired about this recently and apparently it is in a small, locked area of FCL A and only the LDs can access it. They said it’s first come first serve as space is limited.

chris63 Jan 8, 2020 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 31924616)
I enquired about this recently and apparently it is in a small, locked area of FCL A and only the LDs can access it. They said it’s first come first serve as space is limited.

In a FCL lounge that size ...... ridiculous...... but that’s ZRH & some of those LD’s :rolleyes:

chris63 Jan 8, 2020 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Vixit (Post 31924253)
I had planned to use it last year, but I was in transit and was told by FCL A staff that the coat check is handled by another service located somewhere in the check-in area, landside. I could then go out and do it, but I would need to pass security to get in again. Same to pick it up on the return. I decided that was too much hassle.

So the coat check has nothing to do with FCL A and it’s best suited for travelers originating in ZRH.

??? it’s. FCL service so ....... SWISSPORT. No way this First Class service is handled outside the FCL’s

Vixit Jan 8, 2020 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31925064)
??? it’s. FCL service so ....... SWISSPORT. No way this First Class service is handled outside the FCL’s

After a second look, my experience was a bit dated, Nov 2018, time flies faster than I thought. Good if they moved the lockers into the FCL now.

Transit pax should be mindful though that in case of irrops you might not have your return flights going through ZRH anymore....

Nic33 Jan 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 31924616)

Did anyone on this forum got turned down because of lack of space?

verve Jan 21, 2020 5:01 am

In the end we didn't use the coat storage, hence I cannot report back.

Re. checked luggage - this was taken off the belt and could be picked-up at the Swissport luggage desk. It was nice to have breakfast at the A lounge, rather then coming home to an empty fridge at 7am....

Vixit Dec 28, 2022 4:24 am

Bumping this thread to ask if anyone has tried the FCL A coat check recently?