Wiki Posts
Search

Carry on policy in F out of ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Carry on policy in F out of ZRH

The most recent thread I found on this is from 10 years ago, so it seemed time for an update.

any recent experiences on how strict LX is for hand baggage in ZRH when flying F? I’ll have my roller board, backpack fairly lightly packed, and then a decent size shopping bag of souvenirs. I’d prefer to carry everything on to avoid the SFO baggage claim waits, is Swiss likely to care that I have three items since I’ll be in F?

I know the official answer is “2 bags max”, but what’s the reality?

thx
bob
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by bpratt
The most recent thread I found on this is from 10 years ago, so it seemed time for an update.

any recent experiences on how strict LX is for hand baggage in ZRH when flying F? I’ll have my roller board, backpack fairly lightly packed, and then a decent size shopping bag of souvenirs. I’d prefer to carry everything on to avoid the SFO baggage claim waits, is Swiss likely to care that I have three items since I’ll be in F?

I know the official answer is “2 bags max”, but what’s the reality?

thx
bob
You won’t have any problem in F, IME & they don’t count shopping bags so you only really have 2 carry on items.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Don't forget that additionally to the two carry on bags you are granted a "personal item" like a laptop bag or a backpack, that too can weight up to 8 kg.
Never had any problems on LX with carry ons neither in F nor in C and classifying my big heavy backpack as small personal item in additiona to the other carry ons really is a stretch, but as mentioned, never had any problems.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: LH HON
just recently, I travelled with an oversized sports bag AND a rollerboard that was exactly at limits... in F, nobody cares.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Agree, never had a problem. Usually travel in F with roller board (within size limit), weekender bag (a bit too large) and backpack or messenger bag. In ZRH carry-on limits are often enforced at the gate, but only for shorthaul flights. Never saw a gate agent for a longhaul flight checking bag weigt/sizes, and in particular not for F and C pax.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:33 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
In Business and First Swiss allows 2 carry-on items (i.e. full size carry-ons) + 1 personal item + duty free bag.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Seems the consensus is your good to go & don’t leave anything behind.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I've carried a large Hermes shopping bag (itself carrying a bag ;-)), my usual carry-on rolley, and backpack in F. No problems.

I another time carried a large hermes shopping bag, but itself packed in a soft rolley, my usual carry-on rolley, and backpack in F. No problems, even though the casual shopping bag was now a bona fide suitcase.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Thanks all

As you all suggested, the Swiss First folks didn’t bat an eye at a backpack, a roll aboard, and a medium duffel bag full of Swiss treats.

And I used to think the Senator lounge in Zurich was very nice but my standards have just changed :-)
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by bpratt
And I used to think the Senator lounge in Zurich was very nice but my standards have just changed :-)
You are forever spoilt.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.