Where to credit EDELWEISS miles ?

Old Nov 7, 19, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Where to credit EDELWEISS miles ?

Hi.

I would like to book return flight from BORDEAUX to HO CHI MINH via ZURICH in business class.

BOD-ZRH leg is with Helvetica and the miles could be credit on EUROBONUS or MILES AND MORE membership (i tried it last september).

The ZRH-SGN and return are on Edelweiss on P booking class..

On the LX website, this flight (WK 60 metal) is sold as LX8060.

Edelweiss has no loyalty programm.

With the code share flight (LX8060) , could we earn miles on Miles&More or Eurobonus ?

Thank you for your answer cause Miles&more or Eurobonus dont answer to this quetsion.
Old Nov 7, 19, 6:22 am

Programs: LH HON*

Can I collect Miles & More miles on Edelweiss flights?

Yes. Miles & More is the frequent flyer programme of SWISS. You can collect your premium miles and status miles, HON Circle miles and Executive Bonus on selected LX codeshare flights in the following range: LX8000-LX8499 (all Edelweiss flights). If you are a Miles & More member and wish to collect miles on Edelweiss flights, please book your ticket with our sister company SWISS.

https://www.flyedelweiss.com/EN/cust...x?cat=swiss_mm
Old Nov 7, 19, 8:16 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Edelweiss flights booked under LX8xxx flight number can also be credited to UA.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 19, 3:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
First of all, the airline is called Helvetic, and its a wet lease flight, so its as if youd be flying on Swiss. For that leg you. can credit to any *A program.

As for Edelweiss you can only credit to Miles&More or UA and not any other *A program including Eurobonus.
Edelweiss is a daughter/sister company of Swiss, but not a member of *A, but despite that you only earn miles on M&M when booked on the LX codeshare number.
Old Nov 8, 19, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Hi.

Thanks to all of you for those answers.

BOD-ZRH = 480 miles and ZRH-SGN = 6047 miles.
Price of the ticket in business class BOD-ZRH-SGN/SGN-ZRH-BOD (booking class P) = 1397 .

1- How much I will earn on a BOD-ZRH-SGN if i will book on LX website ?
On wheretocredit.com they said (for LX flight) : 1397 * 4/miles = 5588 miles ONLY !

2- Where I could earn 2 x ( 480 miles + 6047 miles) = 13 054 miles (OTA or other airlie company ?).

Thanks for your answers...

Regards.
Old Nov 8, 19, 9:19 am

Programs: LH HON*
Originally Posted by jhmili View Post
Hi.
BOD-ZRH = 480 miles and ZRH-SGN = 6047 miles.
Price of the ticket in business class BOD-ZRH-SGN/SGN-ZRH-BOD (booking class P) = 1397 .

1- How much I will earn on a BOD-ZRH-SGN if i will book on LX website ?
On wheretocredit.com they said (for LX flight) : 1397 * 4/miles = 5588 miles ONLY !

2- Where I could earn 2 x ( 480 miles + 6047 miles) = 13 054 miles (OTA or other airlie company ?).
Thanks for your answers...
Use the M&M mileage calculator to get the exact number of status and award miles if credited to M&M. On that ticket you will earn quite a lot more status miles than award miles, in case that makes a difference to you.
Old Nov 8, 19, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by j2- [b
Where [/b]I could earn 2 x ( 480 miles + 6047 miles) = 13 054 miles (OTA or other airlie company ?).
For Miles&More, it doesn't matter which channel you book your ticket through - you will always earn based on ticket price.

Your only other option for credting flights operated by Edelweiss is United MileagePlus. The earn there has to be valued in proportion to the price of reward tickets (which don't have fuel surcharges, but will be dynamically priced starting November 15).

In short, a "mile" in program A is not equal to a "mile" in program B. It's like comparing a Dollar to a Euro or a Yen.

You have to do your homework.

Search this Thread