FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   seat reservation for SEN plus non-SEN companion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1994274-seat-reservation-sen-plus-non-sen-companion.html)

IAN-UK Nov 5, 2019 8:23 pm

seat reservation for SEN plus non-SEN companion

I couldn't get seat reservations for "preferred seats" for me (SEN) and a booked-together, same PNR, non-SEN companion, to stick. The non-SEN element could be the problem.

is this the case?

I'm sure the relevant information is somewhere in this forum, but I'm lazy, so I crave your indulgence.

i messaged Zurich with an enquiry. The reply said reservations couldn't be made because the seats are restricted. Helpful :)

A follow up enquiring about the nature of the restriction resulted in the mini-cabin seats being given to us with an apology for the confusion.
Have I been a DYKWIA bully :eek: ?

Gioventu Nov 5, 2019 11:00 pm

I did the same via the LX SEN hotline recently and it was no problem. We also go for 4 J/K in the 777.

I think you just need to get to the right employee...

chris63 Nov 6, 2019 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Gioventu (Post 31706401)
I did the same via the LX SEN hotline recently and it was no problem. We also go for 4 J/K in the 777.

I think you just need to get to the right employee...

Yes, it’s as simple as calling the SEN line & finding a competent agent.....

behuman Nov 6, 2019 12:47 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31706526)

Good to know, 4 J is always blocked also to us as two SEN. IMHO 4 D and G is better for a couple.

IAN-UK Nov 6, 2019 9:04 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31706526)

I had called first, and the agent said she'd pass a message on to the IT department to get it fixed. I interpreted this as a feeble disguise for "piss off", so resorted to messaging: which initially got a similar response.

So three attempts to find Mr Competent :rolleyes:

chris63 Nov 6, 2019 9:28 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 31707921)
I had called first, and the agent said she'd pass a message on to the IT department to get it fixed. I interpreted this as a feeble disguise for "piss off", so resorted to messaging: which initially got a similar response.

So three attempts to find Mr Competent :rolleyes:

Only 3, you caught them on a good day. :D

Gioventu Nov 6, 2019 6:26 pm

Never call during night shift... I made terrible experiences a couple of times. When you call after 8am CET it should go much smoother.

worldclubber Nov 8, 2019 3:13 pm

Just did it for a flight for me (SEN) and +1 (no status), same PNR.

The system initially asked for money for +1. When I confirmed the selection, a message showed up saying “the price of you seat selection has changed” (rough translation). The change invariably meant that the seats were free for both of us.

jssaraiva Dec 20, 2019 11:49 am

I'm having a similar problem. Where can one find the Senator hotline nr? Can't find it on service card nor on the app or my country site.Thanks!

oliver2002 Dec 22, 2019 9:45 am

chris63 Dec 22, 2019 10:15 am

Originally Posted by jssaraiva (Post 31860948)
I'm having a similar problem. Where can one find the Senator hotline nr? Can't find it on service card nor on the app or my country site.Thanks!

LX SEN number is +41 445641011

behuman Dec 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31866454)
LX SEN number is +41 445641011

Wow, how clever! Now everybody will call them:-).

btw : The number I use to call Basel call center is not the above mentioned......

Carpacchio Dec 23, 2019 7:43 am

Don't worry - if you call and you don't have SEN status, they will politely recommend the FTL / basic number to you and hang up. Happened to me once I lost SEN status :)

jssaraiva Dec 30, 2019 8:05 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 31866388)

Thanks! However, it only points me to the standard nr of "The Miles & More Service Centre in your country". I have however been informed of the German nr in the meantime. Anyway, the seating problem is solved.

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31866454)
LX SEN number is +41 ...

Thanks!