Mileage Credit on LX/SQ Codeshare Flights

Old Oct 29, 19, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN & WoH Explorist
Question Mileage Credit on LX/SQ Codeshare Flights

Hi All!

I am a bit confused by my latest mileage credit from MM on one of my recent codeshare flights. Situation is as follows:

I have booked via Expedia ZRH - SIN - ZRH and both flights were confirmed as “Swiss International Airlines 9000/9001 operated by Singapore Airlines - Booking Class Business (P)”. I know that P is a discounted Business class fare on LX and a Premium Eco fare on SQ. However, both flights were of course in Business.

The flight ZRH - SIN took place in June already and mileage credit turned out to be a big issue here. It took me at least 6 phone calls with MM and two months to get miles for that flight. Last weekend was the return flight for this booking and mileage credit was much lower than for the first flight:

1st flight
ZRH - SIN was credited as SQ345 in booking class D
-> 9606 status miles

2nd flight
SIN - ZRH was credited as SQ346/LX9001 in booking class D
-> 6404 status miles

Unfortunately the difference of 3202 miles is crucial for the extension of the SEN status this year.

What is the correct amount of miles for this booking and should I get back to MM and try to claim the difference here?
Old Oct 29, 19, 11:09 am

Programs: LX SEN
Unfortunately, the mileage credit for SQ flights has changed on July 1, 2019. As you were booked in LX booking class P, this likely maps to the cheapest SQ booking class, which is D. Before July 1, D earned 150% distance miles, since July 1 only 100%. Hence, mileage credit was correct and according to the rules ...
GalaxyChris and Gioventu like this.

Search this Thread