leaving Emirates for Swiss

Old Oct 26, 19, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, Accor Gold
leaving Emirates for Swiss

Hello,
I've been flying from CDG to BKK 2 or 3 times a year these last 7 years and was totally satisfied.
Life is now different and I'll be flying most of the time in Europe. Living in Belgium, I'm planning to fly with Swiss and join M&M
Are you mostly satisfied by Swiss ? How about buying a flight with miles ? I left SAS 7 years ago when understanding how awful it was to exchange miles for a flight !!!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Best regards from Belgium.

Camomille
Old Oct 26, 19, 9:53 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Have a good read of this forum.
LX is as good as it gets flying Intra EU but thatís not saying much

LX donít like to pay out EU261 compensation

With all LH group airlines, award miles are revenue based now, so you wonít earn many award miles unless you fly the most expensive J fares & therefore it will be an awful long time before you earn enough miles to redeem anything.
Old Oct 27, 19, 3:09 am

Programs: LH HON*
Make sure you sign up for the M&M credit cards (Amex / Mastercard). Although their Belgian M&M conditions are not as generous as in some other countries, chances are you will nevertheless make more award miles from those than from actual flying - or at least they will be a good contribution to top up the flying miles.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 19, 11:26 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
How about buying a flight with miles ? I left SAS 7 years ago when understanding how awful it was to exchange miles for a flight !!!
Can you describe what you thought was awful? availability? cash amount?
Availability is usually good for the LH group.
If it was the amount of cash needed for an award ticket then you'll equally hate Miles and More, especially on intra-European and ex-US award tickets.
Old Oct 27, 19, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
I left SAS 7 years ago when understanding how awful it was to exchange miles for a flight !!!
I'm not sure if you have followed the SAS forum lately, but last year, SAS introduced a booking engine on the web for Star Alliance awards. It doesn't work for Avianca and Air India, and you can't book F awards online. But for basically all other Star awards in Y and C, there's plenty to choose from, and with extremely low cash fees. You can even find plenty of availability on SQ C. I would claim that SAS is one of the easiest Star airlines to make award bookings on nowadays. And if there's a problem, their phone agents are very helpful. (I ran into some problems two weeks ago when booking three seats in a C award Europe-North America, but the phone agent fixed it in a few minutes without charging me a booking fee.)
Old Oct 27, 19, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, Accor Gold
Thanks for your answers
@chris63 I'm flying in Business class

@ Vixit I'm using Amex and already used some rewards for booking flights on EK
@GBM.flights. Availability I remember I had to choose among a few flights that did not match at all what I was looking for when I wanted to buy my first flight. Very far from their advertising over buying flights with miles at the moment !!

@ Red Chili Maybe things have now changed. I haven't followed the SAS forum last years since they stopped flying to BKK

Best regards from Belgium to all.
Camomille

Search this Thread