Discontinuation of LX1028

Old Oct 24, 19, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN & WoH Explorist
Discontinuation of LX1028

Hi All,

I just realized that the very attractive LX1028 from ZRH to DUS isn't offered anymore and last LX flight on this route leaves ZRH at 17:55 already (LX1026).

That means the only way to get directly to DUS in the evening is unfortunately with EW now (EW9767 or EW9787)...

Does anyone know the reasons as it was usually booked very well? Is there any news for a revival next summer?
Old Oct 24, 19, 5:28 am

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
I guess it will somehow reappear as an EW flight .
Old Oct 24, 19, 8:05 am

Programs: LH HON
I was just rebooked on my itinerary from BKK-ZRH-DUS to EW for the last leg. But I expect this flight will reappear in summer. Together with this the early morning flight DUS-ZRH is also canceled of course. Too expensive for LX to have the crew staying overnight in DUS.
Old Oct 24, 19, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is all about pricing, aircraft utilization and crewing. Loads are irrelevant as anyone can fill an aircraft if the ticket is cheap enough.

Suspect that LX has repurposed the aircraft to a route with higher PRASM.
airoli likes this.
Old Nov 7, 19, 3:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Now LX1026/7 too has been cancelled for all saturdays (including the one I was one, specifically the return LX1027 from DUS to ZRH). Very annoying. I've got a whopping connection of 35 min in DUS now, having been put on the earlier Helvetic E190 flight :/

Search this Thread