FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   LX to FI interline (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1988288-lx-fi-interline.html)

davidj1 Sep 21, 2019 10:04 pm

LX to FI interline

I have a question about interlining tickets and baggage.

I have ticketed TWO separate tickets as follows.

Ticket 1: LX1210 ZRH-OSL
40min connection/transit time @ OSL
Ticket 2: FI319 OSL-KEF

I understand this meets the MCT threshold at OSL.

Q1: When I arrive at ZRH, will Swiss link the two bookings and be able to interline and check baggage to the final destination KEF, including printing a boarding pass for the FI flight?

I know LX can technically interline to Icelandair, but would like to confirm with some real world experience. I don't want to arrive at ZRH then have issues with a nonsensical check in agent that won't do this. If they won't, I will have problems making the FI flight (40 mins unlikely to be enough to collect bag, check in again etc).

Comments appreciated.

chris63 Sep 21, 2019 11:03 pm

Since FI are not a *A partner, you cannot guarantee the SWISSPORT staff at ZRH will through check on separate tickets & 40 minutes is simply crazy for a connection on separate tickets, your entirety on your own if you miss that connection

athome Sep 28, 2019 9:55 pm

MCT and interline agreements are only valid for connections on a single ticket, not on two separate tickets.
The OP must be crazy to relay on a 40 min connection on 2 separate tickets on different airlines/ alliances.

Nick Art Sep 29, 2019 2:15 am

interlining can be done on seperate tickets as well.

For example I did interline the tickets when Flying HKG-FRA-ARN on LH and ARN-ZRH on SAS on two seperate tickets.

However, I don't know if FI has an interline agreement with Swiss.

athome Sep 29, 2019 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art (Post 31574914)

The "can" is the important part. On seperate tickets bags can be interlined ( if the check-in person is in a good mood). On a single ticket one has the right to get the bag interlined.
That's the difference between a single ticket and two separate ones.

chris63 Sep 29, 2019 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art (Post 31574914)

For example I did interline the tickets when Flying HKG-FRA-ARN on LH and ARN-ZRH on SAS on two seperate tickets.

However, I don't know if FI has an interline agreement with Swiss.

Of course interlining works, that’s in the agreement but on separate tickets with a 40 minute connection, Hell will freeze over first :D

chris63 Sep 29, 2019 9:23 am

Originally Posted by athome (Post 31574609)
MCT and interline agreements are only valid for connections on a single ticket, not on two separate tickets.
The OP must be crazy to relay on a 40 min connection on 2 separate tickets on different airlines/ alliances.

Indeed, this is FT but really,.......... 40 minutes on one ticket & one alliance, you need all the cards to fall into place

Nick Art Oct 3, 2019 8:28 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31575642)
Of course interlining works, that’s in the agreement but on separate tickets with a 40 minute connection, Hell will freeze over first :D

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31575672)
Indeed, this is FT but really,.......... 40 minutes on one ticket & one alliance, you need all the cards to fall into place

Well I wouldn't exactly plan to do something like that myself.
The only way I can see me do this is on the return flight if I don't care if I have my baggage sent to me later or arrive with them at the same day.
And even that poses unnecessary risks. I wonder how many bags turn up in lost and found this way...

GVA Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am

I'm not sure how it works on LX (I'm generally not the type to check in luggage) but on the airlines where I had 2 PNRs and tried to interline, it involved quite a bit of work for the check-in agent. Many refuse to do it and it really becomes a task of trying to convince them. Every time I did convince them they needed to manually add a line onto your PNR with the flight they were interlining the luggage to.

I think it's quite optimistic trying to convince an agent in ZRH to do it. I would consider travelling without luggage if possible.