Newbie Question CPAP usage in business class cabin

Old Sep 16, 19, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Question CPAP usage in business class cabin

Having never flown Swiss before, a question for the experts. I have a small, portable (and very quiet) CPAP that I hope to use aboard overnight flight from SIN-ZRH (777-300). I'm flying in business class. Will I be allowed to use it? I've used it on USA carriers without issue, including the use of the seat power port. If necessary, I can purchase a portable battery. Thanks for your guidance.
Steve
Old Sep 18, 19, 3:50 am

Programs: Miles & More SEN
You should call Swiss to make sure they allow it.
Old Sep 18, 19, 5:15 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Platinum
A simple search on the Swiss website would have given you all the answers.

They explain all the necessary steps you have to do BEFORE your flight!

https://www.swiss.com/corporate/medi...edical-devices .

CPAP machines

If you wish to bring a CPAP machine (which is used to treat sleep apnoea, a condition characterised by severe snoring, among other things) into the cabin, this will need to be approved by our technical personnel. So if you plan to do so, please inform us of this in good time via the SAF/MEDIF form, giving precise details of the model to be used and its technical specifications, to enable us to provide an appropriate electrical socket. Please note that we cannot guarantee to provide such a socket on all aircraft types. The machine should preferably be battery-powered.

Search this Thread