LX161 NRT ZRH in F - couple of questions

Old Sep 8, 19, 11:47 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold
Posts: 82
LX161 NRT ZRH in F - couple of questions

A couple of questions for an upcoming trip for my wife:

We'll be together in Tokyo in December (first time for both of us), but will be flying back separately, she on LX 161 to ZRH in F (her first time ever in F; she's looking forward to it). I'm on a separate ticket on NH in Y to PVG some hours later.

Which lounge would you suggest in NRT? Is there a dedicated F lounge? If so, would I be able to join my wife (SEN, but as mentioned, flying Y on that leg) in there?

Is the A340-300 on that route already featuring the new cabin? Or will it by the time we'll fly in December?

I've booked her on 1A. Would you recommend any other window seat (e.g. view of Tokyo, etc.)?

This is a day flight. Do you get your Zimmerli pajamas on a day flight as well?

She has a 2h stopover in ZRH to a connection to TXL in business. I presume she can use the F lounge in terminal A?

Does LX offer any other services for F passengers on a ZRH stopover (e.g. limousine transfer), or does she have to take the "cow train" like everybody else?

Thanks for your help!
Chris0815 is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 1:13 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,771
Originally Posted by Chris0815 View Post
A couple of questions for an upcoming trip for my wife:

We'll be together in Tokyo in December (first time for both of us), but will be flying back separately, she on LX 161 to ZRH in F (her first time ever in F; she's looking forward to it). I'm on a separate ticket on NH in Y to PVG some hours later.

Which lounge would you suggest in NRT? Is there a dedicated F lounge? If so, would I be able to join my wife (SEN, but as mentioned, flying Y on that leg) in there?

Is the A340-300 on that route already featuring the new cabin? Or will it by the time we'll fly in December?

I've booked her on 1A. Would you recommend any other window seat (e.g. view of Tokyo, etc.)?

This is a day flight. Do you get your Zimmerli pajamas on a day flight as well?

She has a 2h stopover in ZRH to a connection to TXL in business. I presume she can use the F lounge in terminal A?

Does LX offer any other services for F passengers on a ZRH stopover (e.g. limousine transfer), or does she have to take the "cow train" like everybody else?

Thanks for your help!
LX use the ANA F lounge at NRT, it’s very nice, not sure if you will be allowed to join Her as *G since your in Y & on a different flight/ route.

1A is my preferred seat

Good chance of new F in December

Zimmerli are available on all LX F flights.

She will be met upon arrival into ZRH by the LX arrival service & taken to immigration & the FCLA.
chris63 is online now  
Old Sep 9, 19, 1:46 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post


LX use the ANA F lounge at NRT, it’s very nice, not sure if you will be allowed to join Her as *G since your in Y & on a different flight/ route.

1A is my preferred seat

Good chance of new F in December

Zimmerli are available on all LX F flights.

She will be met upon arrival into ZRH by the LX arrival service & taken to immigration & the FCLA.
Thanks, that's really helpful!

Just one follow up: If I won't be able to get into the ANA F lounge, which other one is accessible as *G?
Chris0815 is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 2:04 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ZRH / YUL
Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Posts: 6,394
The ANA Business lounges, which are okay.
Chris0815 and trooper like this.
airoli is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 7:41 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by Chris0815 View Post
A couple of questions for an upcoming trip for my wife:

We'll be together in Tokyo in December (first time for both of us), but will be flying back separately, she on LX 161 to ZRH in F (her first time ever in F; she's looking forward to it). I'm on a separate ticket on NH in Y to PVG some hours later.

Which lounge would you suggest in NRT? Is there a dedicated F lounge? If so, would I be able to join my wife (SEN, but as mentioned, flying Y on that leg) in there?

Is the A340-300 on that route already featuring the new cabin? Or will it by the time we'll fly in December?

I've booked her on 1A. Would you recommend any other window seat (e.g. view of Tokyo, etc.)?

This is a day flight. Do you get your Zimmerli pajamas on a day flight as well?

She has a 2h stopover in ZRH to a connection to TXL in business. I presume she can use the F lounge in terminal A?

Does LX offer any other services for F passengers on a ZRH stopover (e.g. limousine transfer), or does she have to take the "cow train" like everybody else?

Thanks for your help!
Chris,

She can use the ANA Suite check in at NRT with a dedicated Swiss counter. From there she will be escorted to the F lounge. I would kindly ask since you are on an ANA flight if you might join her.. No promises but in general Japanese try their best. But they do stick to the rules.. If you were in LX Y it would be a non issue since she can bring one guest on same flight.. Worst case, you end up in the Business Lounge which is 2 floors below the first lounge.. main difference is F&B offering. Hardware wise the lounges are quite similar.. except the view..

1A and 2A are probably the most used seats on the 340... whilst great for service, she will have the sun on her window side if that matters to her and a better chance to see Mount Fuji... My preference is a K on the inbound flight to Zurich since I like to "peak" through the window and it disturbs fellow passengers less...

Happy flying and good luck for a refurbed 340!

Mike
Chris0815 likes this.
laoshu is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 8:10 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold
Posts: 82
​​​​​​All replies are super helpful, thanks again.

And I read somewhere that Swiss is aiming at having all 340s done before the end of the year (which is great as It really felt like a trip to the early 2000s being on them).
Chris0815 is offline  
Old Sep 16, 19, 4:17 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CPH, BRU
Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBD (*G), BA Bronze, KLM Gold, Emirates Silver
Posts: 693
F to wife and monkey to yourselves - kudos for that
Chris0815 likes this.
tgj1974 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 19, 12:13 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,046
Originally Posted by Chris0815 View Post
Just one follow up: If I won't be able to get into the ANA F lounge, which other one is accessible as *G?
Just to add to the great information already provided by the others: there are also a UA Club you may access (which is not as bad as the UA Clubs in the US) and two NH business lounges, a windowless one (to be avoided) and the larger lounge one floor up from the terminal, which I would recommend. F&B are the and at both NH lounges, except for the earlier appearance of the sushi chef at the larger lounge.
Chris0815 likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Sep 17, 19, 11:49 am
  #9  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,004
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Just to add to the great information already provided by the others: there are also a UA Club you may access (which is not as bad as the UA Clubs in the US) and two NH business lounges, a windowless one (to be avoided) and the larger lounge one floor up from the terminal, which I would recommend. F&B are the and at both NH lounges, except for the earlier appearance of the sushi chef at the larger lounge.
If the OP is on NH959 to PVG it will be too early for the sushi chef.

I was pleasantly surprised when I visited the United Club last year instead of the usual NH lounge.
Chris0815 likes this.
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 9:10 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,046
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
If the OP is on NH959 to PVG it will be too early for the sushi chef.

I was pleasantly surprised when I visited the United Club last year instead of the usual NH lounge.
Didn‘t remember the exact times, just that the chef was earlier at the upstairs lounge and later at the dungeon.

Yes, the UA lounge is really an option. Beer, edamame, view (until the block the sun out later in the day) ...
Chris0815 likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 9:51 am
  #11  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,004
Wink

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Didn‘t remember the exact times, just that the chef was earlier at the upstairs lounge and later at the dungeon.
According to this page
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/kh/servicei...ef_svc/lounge/

- ANA LOUNGE, No. 5 Satellite, Narita International Airport: 15:15–16:15
- ANA LOUNGE, No. 4 Satellite, Narita International Airport: 17:00–18:00
worldclubber likes this.
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 4:20 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,046
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
According to this page
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/kh/servicei...ef_svc/lounge/

- ANA LOUNGE, No. 5 Satellite, Narita International Airport: 15:15–16:15
- ANA LOUNGE, No. 4 Satellite, Narita International Airport: 17:00–18:00
Good find.

As I said: the sushi chef moves on from the upstairs lounge to the basement one.
Chris0815 likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 11:04 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Just to add to the great information already provided by the others: there are also a UA Club you may access (which is not as bad as the UA Clubs in the US) and two NH business lounges, a windowless one (to be avoided) and the larger lounge one floor up from the terminal, which I would recommend. F&B are the and at both NH lounges, except for the earlier appearance of the sushi chef at the larger lounge.
I recently flew LX 161 in C and used the UA Club, was so amazed how empty it was. There were max. 10 pax in the entire lounge at that time of the morning, which has capacity probably for about 100? Never in my life have I not had to hunt for a seat in a UA Club, I had to pinch myself...lol
The decor ties in Japanese elements, and there is a great view of the planes. Food is not great, but nor is the buffet at the NH C lounges. (I know the OP question was about F, but I haven't tried the NH Suite lounge)
By contrast, the NH lounges are too crowded to be relaxing and the decor is just OK for a hub lounge. The only perks are showers and the noodle bar.
The other advantage of the UA lounge is its location for LX flights, which always depart from gate 35. The No. 4 satellite NH lounge is much further away from gate 35 and you have to walk back to get to the gate after leaving the lounge. The No. 5 satellite lounge is on the other side of the terminal, whereas the UA lounge is right next to the cluster of duty free shops, and a few steps away from the LX gate. (I find it so interesting how regular the gate utilization at NRT is, without fail, always next to the LX bird is the UA bird from Guam, then next to that the SK A340, an NH 767 and the GA 77W)
Chris0815 likes this.
rosenkavalier is offline  
Old Sep 23, 19, 12:49 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,046
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier View Post
I recently flew LX 161 in C and used the UA Club, was so amazed how empty it was. There were max. 10 pax in the entire lounge at that time of the morning, which has capacity probably for about 100?

...

(I find it so interesting how regular the gate utilization at NRT is, without fail, always next to the LX bird is the UA bird from Guam, then next to that the SK A340, an NH 767 and the GA 77W)
The UA club is huge and holds several hundred pax. It does get busy in the afternoon though.

Concerning gate utilization: NRT is Japan.
MichielR likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Sep 23, 19, 1:32 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
The UA club is huge and holds several hundred pax. It does get busy in the afternoon though.

Concerning gate utilization: NRT is Japan.
Relief to know that the lounge gets put to good use in the afternoon, otherwise UA might close it and this good alternative lounge for *A Europe flights will be gone (especially with the current consolidation of Tokyo operations of US airlines after the DOT decision on slots)
rosenkavalier is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread