Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WK schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

WK schedule changes

Sounds like the grounding of Edelweiss' HB-JMF in Vancouver is really doing a number on their flight schedule - yikes. What's really confusing me at this point, however, is this:

Edelweiss schedule for San Diego as of 20190820

It looks like they've canceled all of their flights to San Diego for the rest of the year... except for one flight from San Diego to Zürich, which strikes me as odd. What's going on here? Are they going to repair HB-JMF in time to fly it down to San Diego and then back to Zürich? I am confused.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: Miles & More SEN
It's a seasonal flight, like most of Edelweiss destinations.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by bfibear
Sounds like the grounding of Edelweiss' HB-JMF in Vancouver is really doing a number on their flight schedule - yikes. What's really confusing me at this point, however, is this:

Edelweiss schedule for San Diego as of 20190820

It looks like they've canceled all of their flights to San Diego for the rest of the year... except for one flight from San Diego to Zürich, which strikes me as odd. What's going on here? Are they going to repair HB-JMF in time to fly it down to San Diego and then back to Zürich? I am confused.
Could be a charter they are selling the empty ferry leg of.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Could be a charter they are selling the empty ferry leg of.
Interesting! I didn't know that was a thing. Fingers crossed the flight actually happens - I booked tickets on Edelweiss because I've always wanted to fly them... only to have all of my flights canceled and rebooked on other carriers (South African, Lufthansa) except for this one segment. Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bfibear
Are they going to repair HB-JMF in time to fly it down to San Diego and then back to Zürich?
Sure looks like it! https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...045Z/CYVR/KSAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.