No Checked Bags for Business Class

Old Aug 16, 19, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
No Checked Bags for Business Class

So I upgraded to business from economy light on an EU flight, and my boarding pass still says I can't check bags in. Is this correct?
Old Aug 16, 19, 12:21 pm

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
So I upgraded to business from economy light on an EU flight, and my boarding pass still says I can't check bags in. Is this correct?
Correct, the upgrade gives you a seat in C but other conditions of the ticket remain the same.

Cant find the LX equivalent, but LH.com says:

Please note that the fare conditions of your original ticket, i.e. the rules concerning rebooking, refunds and baggage, remain unchanged. Likewise, the free baggage allowance associated with the originally booked Economy Class fare will still apply to the upgraded flights. The allowance is shown on your passenger receipt.

By the way, as HON you get an exception to the no bagage rule on long haul, but not on short haul.
Old Aug 16, 19, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

What!?! That's so lame. What on earth.
Old Aug 18, 19, 6:36 am

Programs: LX SEN
I just performed an evoucher upgrade for a long haul flight. The SEN line could not confirm that I had checked bags on the light fare. The page on lx’s website is impossible to understand in this respect. Hence, I took a y ticket with lugggage
Old Aug 18, 19, 6:42 am

Old Aug 18, 19, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Nic33 View Post
I just performed an evoucher upgrade for a long haul flight. The SEN line could not confirm that I had checked bags on the light fare. The page on lxs website is impossible to understand in this respect. Hence, I took a y ticket with lugggage
evoucher Upgrades (and miles) will give you C Class baggage allowance
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 19, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by MichielR View Post

Correct, the upgrade gives you a seat in C but other conditions of the ticket remain the same.

Cant find the LX equivalent, but LH.com says:

Please note that the fare conditions of your original ticket, i.e. the rules concerning rebooking, refunds and baggage, remain unchanged. Likewise, the free baggage allowance associated with the originally booked Economy Class fare will still apply to the upgraded flights. The allowance is shown on your passenger receipt.

By the way, as HON you get an exception to the no bagage rule on long haul, but not on short haul.
the LX conditions state exactly the same.
Old Aug 20, 19, 12:50 am

Programs: LH Senator, BA Gold, Starwood Platinum
On a recent upgraded Lite flight (MAD-ZRH-TXL) I checked in 2 bags and offered to pay the bag surcharge. On both legs the check in person replied that the system did not provide for collecting the fee and checked them for free. In Madrid I thought it was a fluke, but if it does not work in Zurich, where then?

Maybe just a one off.
Old Aug 21, 19, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by daumueller View Post

evoucher Upgrades (and miles) will give you C Class baggage allowance
Correct. But evouchers will not uprade the feeder flight (and miles only upgrade the feeder flight if it originates from the same country as the long haul flight if I am not mistaken). Accordingly. except for a direct flight, the checked bags on light fare problem arises.

Search this Thread