baggage lost for 8 days from LCY-ZRH - i need advice.

Old Aug 15, 19, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish *G, Qatar silver,
baggage lost for 8 days from LCY-ZRH - i need advice.

hey everyone.

i'm trying to hunt down my missing bag which got lost from London city on its way to Zurich direct with Swiss on august 7

the world tracer stands as INVENTORY RECEIVED / TRACING CONTINUES. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER As it has since august 7. Swiss air says it never got scanned into Zurich. - the bag contains all of my props for my work as a freelance performance artist and i am currently tied up in contracts i'm having to finish before i can try to get myself to LCY airport physically to see if it just got left there. in the meantime no one can confirm where my bag is. i was hoping if anyone had some insight into getting someone at swiss to properly help me or even some insights as to how i can speak to a human on the ground at LCY ? -help greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 15, 19, 11:18 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
you can try

Handling Agents*

Alitalia, Blue Islands, Flybe, Lux Air, SWISS Baggage Handling +44 (0)20 7646 0325

or

Lost Property

Swiss and all other airlines +44 (0)20 7646 0325

but I do think if it was on LCY they would have put it in the tracer by now.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

thank you so much for your reply. will call now !
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:44 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Lisa L View Post
thank you so much for your reply. will call now !
Hope that worked for you, if it didnít, bear in mind that if the barcode tag came off the bag in the cargo hold it couldnít be scanned on arrival into ZRH.
Lisa L likes this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The unfortunate advice is that there is nothing beyond WorldTracer and verifying that the information in WT is correct. This includes the bag description as well as your mobile number. Calling simply raises your blood pressure.

The value of WT is that if the bag is located, presumably at LCY or ZRH,the first place any carrier will look is WT. In the event that the carrier's tag has fallen off, they will look for your own address tag and, if necessary, open the bag to look for your interior identification.

In the meantime, you may purchase reasonable items and properly receipt them up to a maximum of approximately EUR 1,150. When the bag is returned, submit them for reimbursement. If the bag is not located after 20 days, it is considered lost and you may claim for the fair market value up to the same amount and less any interim purchases.

You may also find that your travel insurance is better for this purpose and go that route.
chris63 and Lisa L like this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

yeah that is actually good advice. sigh. thank you for your help!
Old Aug 17, 19, 10:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
In the event that the carrier's tag has fallen off, they will look for your own address tag and, if necessary, open the bag to look for your interior identification.
This is why I always put a big piece of paper with my address, email and phone number along with my booking code on top of my things packed inside the bag, so that in the worst scenario described above it is clear the bag belongs to me as soon as the bag is opened. And I always advise all my friends to do the same. Luggage tags might come off. Your info on a piece of paper inside your bag can save you a lot of headache.
Old Aug 18, 19, 8:17 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by andywaw View Post
This is why I always put a big piece of paper with my address, email and phone number along with my booking code on top of my things packed inside the bag, so that in the worst scenario described above it is clear the bag belongs to me as soon as the bag is opened. And I always advise all my friends to do the same. Luggage tags might come off. Your info on a piece of paper inside your bag can save you a lot of headache.
I typically do the same, or alternatively write the routing info on a paper and stick it into the address tag.
Old Sep 2, 19, 1:35 am

Programs: *

Last edited by ani90; Sep 3, 19 at 2:30 pm Reason: Found offensive by prior poster
Old Sep 2, 19, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by ani90 View Post
Is this an assumption or has this paper really helped you?

We can all be paranoid about many different things but does not mean that the responses we take are beneficial. Chances of bag getting lost is maybe 2 in 1000. Then chance of bag getting lost AND tag coming off - well those tags are VERY hard to rip off - maybe 1 in tens or hundreds thousands. Then chance of the the baggage tag AND personal identification tag both coming off (or latter not being present AND tag coming off) has to be one in hundreds of thousands. And chance of them opening a bag to examine contents - speculation. When you put all this together it must be a chance in one in few millions thator less that a piece of paper in the bag will be your saviour in a lost bag situation...
Gee, I had no idea that a piece of paper inside my bag bothers you so much
Old Sep 2, 19, 8:47 am

Last edited by ani90; Sep 3, 19 at 2:29 pm Reason: Found offensive by prior poster
Old Sep 2, 19, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ani90 View Post
It doesn't but just don't want your OCD to creep to me...I get more than enough from my other half 😆
Have we met? Do you know me? Why are you being impolite and insinuating anything about my personality?
If something creeps to you, I suggest getting advice from an expert.
As for your other half issues, I'm not interested.
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by andywaw View Post
Have we met? Do you know me? Why are you being impolite and insinuating anything about my personality?
If something creeps to you, I suggest getting advice from an expert.
As for your other half issues, I'm not interested.
Sorry apologies if I upset you - I meant no insult or malice whatsoever. I was just being light hearted and humorous. I have deleted my posts since you find them offensive as that was not my intent.

Search this Thread