Search

Swiss JFK Lounge renovated

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:25 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by LukasNied
Any updates on JFK lounge renovation? Is it on schedule? Does anyone know if it is just a cosmetic or actual reconstruction and other improvement to the space. IMHO it was pretty good lounge, mostly I used it in F section only. For 6-8 people it was totally sufficient. It became too crowded, and overwhelming for one lounge waitress shared with C section, if there are more than 10 people there.

Originally when T4 opened I remember Swiss even had a fireplace (self-venting gas modern design) in the section where the dinning tables / area is now.
Well if you're happy to wait until next June, I'll be there and report back

Joking aside: I'm also really curious on how this is going. I'm really looking forward to the new JFK Lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Will be transiting out of JFK on December 28 and can report back.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: LH HON
I will be there on Dec. 19th, the planned opening date. But I have never seen any renovation being on time.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
I can imagine that the food selection at the Ethiad Lounge is better, catering in the LX C lounge at JFK was in the last years always a nightmare in my oppinion
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by LXA350
I can imagine that the food selection at the Ethiad Lounge is better, catering in the LX C lounge at JFK was in the last years always a nightmare in my oppinion
unfortunately Etihad has no F section. You are right when comparing the C food of LX with the food in the Etihad lounge. But F food in the LX lounge was much better than the food in the current Etihad lounge.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by shipsmail
I will be there on Dec. 19th, the planned opening date. But I have never seen any renovation being on time.
Try reaching out to the Maitre de Lounge at JFK? He might be able to provide you with an update...
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:35 am

Reopening is postponed to March next year!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Does anyone know if Avianca J customers are also being rerouted to the Etihad Lounge?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:28 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by shipsmail
Reopening is postponed to March next year!
Quite a hefty delay, any idea why?

As long as its open before june I will be happy
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:58 pm

Does anyone know which lounge SQ J passengers are being directed to use in the meantime?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
I’ve got a flight leaving March 7, I actually kind of hope it’s not open by then... I’d rather go to the etihad lounge than roll the dice with a new lounge
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by pennystinkard
Does anyone know which lounge SQ J passengers are being directed to use in the meantime?

VS CH and King David: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...unges/partner/
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Quite a hefty delay, any idea why?

As long as its open before june I will be happy
I was told that the renovation is managed by Swiss people from Zurich. They come in weekly for a day. Material is supposed to be supplied also from Switzerland. Not much progress at all. So we can expect a solid Swiss lounge but who knows when....
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
Is LX still using the Etihad lounge for C pax? The lounge website shows that it was only using Etihad thru Dec 19, but I figured that might be outdated as the LX lounge opening was pushed.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
LX still uses the Ethiad lounge until the completon of the renovation at their own lounge in March

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.