Wiki Posts
Search

No Business Bus - Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
No Business Bus - Budapest

I was on LX2259 Bud - Zurich 9 July seated in business with my partner.The A319 was parked at an apron thereby a bus was necessary,what I cannot understand is that under these circumstances there is no priority boarding resulting in a free for all.

In contrast landing at Zurich (also parked on an apron) there was a Business Bus that whisked 3 of us away in 10 seconds flat.

Why cant Swiss arrange for a separate bus at Budapest?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
BUD only has a bus which has a priority 'section' where you are separated from the riffraff.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
BUD only has a bus which has a priority 'section' where you are separated from the riffraff.
Did the OP's flight use such a bus at BUD? From the description in the OP, I would assume not.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did the OP's flight use such a bus at BUD? From the description in the OP, I would assume not.
There was no notification of any segregated bus area nor a separate line for Business passengers consequently priority boarding did not exist, Swiss need to get their act together as it was a mess .

Last edited by robertr; Jul 16, 2019 at 1:42 am Reason: Added further information
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I’ve never experienced a business class bus at an outstation. Since when is that a thing?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I've never been on a business class bus with Swiss at ZRH or anywhere else. I assumed it was something they didn't do.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I've never been on a business class bus with Swiss at ZRH or anywhere else. I assumed it was something they didn't do.
Only LX arrivals at ZRH and GVA, not at outstations.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by robertr
There was no notification of any segregated bus area nor a separate line for Business passengers consequently priority boarding did not exist, Swiss need to get their act together as it was a mess .
Suggest you send in a complaint, it’s the failure of the station at BUD not
LX policy or what they are paying the outstation for.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
They do. Even Dash8 operated for LX by OS consistently get the business bus at ZRH.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

They do. Even Dash8 operated for LX by OS consistently get the business bus at ZRH.
& just as well, to whisk you the lounge for a stiff drink after a flight on a Dash8
lhrpete, TPJ, worldclubber and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
& just as well, to whisk you the lounge for a stiff drink after a flight on a Dash8
^

Most need a stiff drink before and after a Dash8 flight.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:42 pm

I also never seen this bus when departing from ZRH. (to AMS and MAD and another few places..)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:03 pm

On arrival at an apron position at ZRH, I have always got a bus like this:

chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
On arrival at an apron position at ZRH, I have always got a bus like this:

in the last 2/3 years yes.

In Budapest never, maximum with the partition. In Bcn nada, common bus even if your onward connection is in F
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by more4less
In Budapest never, maximum with the partition. In Bcn nada, common bus even if your onward connection is in F
Sorry but I don’t know where everyone’s unrealistically high expectations seen coming from here?

To my knowledge there is no airline in the world who, at an outstation, drives you in a separate car/bus to the aircraft at an apron position if you have an onward connection at a hub in F... It also definitely isn’t something LX claim to do either.

Sure, we all hate the bus, but welcome to flying in Europe.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.