No Business Bus - Budapest

Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The end of the world is near! This discussion obviously takes a multiple of the time of a short busride.
It helps to look at it this way: I don't expect anything at outstations and if a business bus or (helpful) PA shows up, it is a pleasant surprise.
chris63 and vantage03 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:27 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by chris63

I find LX much better at protecting overhead bin space & LH are poor at that, since Iím usually in 1A itís most annoying
Boarded as one of the last on LH from FRA to ZRH, seating in 1A. Bins were full until row 7. I had to wait 10 minutes after landing in ZRH to even get to my carry on bags.

PS: Luckily we haven't flown on the same flight yet or we'd have to duel over who'd get seat 1A
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Boarded as one of the last on LH from FRA to ZRH, seating in 1A. Bins were full until row 7. I had to wait 10 minutes after landing in ZRH to even get to my carry on bags.
That is close to a worst case scenario, having to battle your way against the masses. MdC should have blocked row 8+ pax or got your bag before they were allowed to get up.
chris63 and vantage03 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by worldclubber

That is close to a worst case scenario, having to battle your way against the masses. MdC should have blocked row 8+ pax or got your bag before they were allowed to get up.
To be fair, I didn't mention the several occasion on LH and LX where the MdC did block the Y pax so I could get my bags from some rows behind, which to date still outweights the worst case scenarion experiences
I usually don't mind waiting for deboarding that much as I'm usually not so much in a hurry (unless I have close connecting flights), but what really bothers me in cabin overhead bin space, or much more the lack thereof, in F on the LX A333/A343/B77W and LH A346 if F is full. I hate it when 1D and 2D take up ALL of the overhead bin space of 1A and 2A. Grrrr. First world problems.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

PS: Luckily we haven't flown on the same flight yet or we'd have to duel over who'd get seat 1A
Not good, the Purser should have prevented your inconvenience, a NEK seat is hardly worth a duel, I would have taken 1K, safer all round
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

, but what really bothers me in cabin overhead bin space, or much more the lack thereof, in F on the LX A333/A343/B77W and LH A346 if F is full. I hate it when 1D and 2D take up ALL of the overhead bin space of 1A and 2A. Grrrr. First world problems.
agree, I try to board first & only ever use my allocated space.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:12 pm

agree, I try to board first & only ever use my allocated space.
Thatís what I like most about the A380s in 1A and 1K: the personal closet close to the seat. No need to fight with anybody.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Thatís what I like most about the A380s in 1A and 1K: the personal closet close to the seat. No need to fight with anybody.
Yes, those wardrobes are awesome, lots of space & so user friendly.
worldclubber and Nick Art like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by robertr
It is not so much the bus I am the OP, the biggest gripe is arriving at the gate where there was no segregation for business passengers just one big free for all where priority did not exist resulting in a crammed bus filled to the brim.

That is not a way to treat paying business travellers at a minimum each airport should have priority boarding.
Zurich was a breeze, first off, three passengers into a business bus all over in 15 seconds.
The reverse at Budapest was a shambles
Once I notice its a bus gate, I board last. Remember the last one onto the bus is the first off the bus
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOT do it sometimes. I saw the CPO of Kneip looking around sheepishly on the tarmac in WAW this week for his business bus. Alas there was none.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Once I notice its a bus gate, I board last. Remember the last one onto the bus is the first off the bus
For smaller aircraft than A319 or A223, your tactic works perfectly where only one bus is used at a remote gate, but I would not try that on a larger aircraft, especially on a LH or LX A320/A321 where people are racing to fill those overhead compartments.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not good, the Purser should have prevented your inconvenience, a NEK seat is hardly worth a duel, I would have taken 1K, safer all round
I wasn't aware 1K existed on narrow bodies (Must be a HON thing!): Might be a little fresh sitting out on the wing

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 19, 2019 at 5:57 am
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
For smaller aircraft than A319 or A223, your tactic works perfectly where only one bus is used at a remote gate, but I would not try that on a larger aircraft, especially on a LH or LX A320/A321 where people are racing to fill those overhead compartments.
OH bin is another topic. Usually that is not an issue when you are travelling in C, as the OP evidently was. In such situation you normally have the free middle seat where at least my cabin baggage nicely fits under the seat in front.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Or I board the bus first and position myself close to the exit in a way that does not stop others from moving further into the bus.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wasn't aware 1K existed on narrow bodies (Must be a HON thing!): Might be a little fresh sitting out on the wing

Yes, I should have said 1F

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.