No Business Bus - Budapest

Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by more4less
In Budapest never, maximum with the partition. In Bcn nada, common bus even if your onward connection is in F
Thatís why I said in ZRH.

No separate buses at outstations, as others already said.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vantage03

Sorry but I donít know where everyoneís unrealistically high expectations seen coming from here?

To my knowledge there is no airline in the world who, at an outstation, drives you in a separate car/bus to the aircraft at an apron position if you have an onward connection at a hub in F... It also definitely isnít something LX claim to do either.

Sure, we all hate the bus, but welcome to flying in Europe.
AFAIK A3 offers a separate bus for business class passengers on all flights.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold

Sorry but I donít know where everyoneís unrealistically high expectations seen coming from here?

To my knowledge there is no airline in the world who, at an outstation, drives you in a separate car/bus to the aircraft at an apron position if you have an onward connection at a hub in F... It also definitely isnít something LX claim to do either.

It is not so much the bus I am the OP, the biggest gripe is arriving at the gate where there was no segregation for business passengers just one big free for all where priority did not exist resulting in a crammed bus filled to the brim.

That is not a way to treat paying business travellers at a minimum each airport should have priority boarding.
Zurich was a breeze, first off, three passengers into a business bus all over in 15 seconds.
The reverse at Budapest was a shambles
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by robertr
It is not so much the bus I am the OP, the biggest gripe is arriving at the gate where there was no segregation for business passengers just one big free for all where priority did not exist resulting in a crammed bus filled to the brim.

That is not a way to treat paying business travellers at a minimum each airport should have priority boarding.
Zurich was a breeze, first off, three passengers into a business bus all over in 15 seconds.
The reverse at Budapest was a shambles
Is priority boarding really helpful, if there is just one bus?

I frequently experience this at outstations that have priority boarding into a single bus, which means you get to go on the bus first and spend most time there. I donít need that.
chris63 and vantage03 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Is priority boarding really helpful, if there is just one bus?

I frequently experience this at outstations that have priority boarding into a single bus, which means you get to go on the bus first and spend most time there. I donít need that.
Thatís the problem with outstations, unless the aircraft is at a jetbridge there is no point in priority boarding.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.

you are right but in Barcelona, when the plane is an apron position, normally late evening arrivals or early departures, it is because LX/LH want to save money, and this is what I donít find acceptable, even more when, at the same time, all LCC are connected to fingers

Last edited by more4less; Jul 17, 2019 at 3:31 am
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:27 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
In ZRH for Bus gates there is no priority boarding normally (Or at least in my experience I there never was, confirmed by some gate agents I asked). But you can always ask at the Gate desk about what happened to the priority line / boarding and if the agent is in a good mood they will let you skip the line.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:35 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Easy Jet does it better when at a bus gate

Easy Jet when booked "speedy boarding" does it better with a cordoned off section of the bus and the doors of this section opening before the others, allowing relaxed boarding and space for hand luggage.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:39 am

To be honest, when booked on LH and LX in J, i.e. with a free seat next to me and plenty of bin space, it is most important to me that the cabin crew defends the J bins for J pax. If they do their job right, I am happy to board last.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by MichielR

Only LX arrivals at ZRH and GVA, not at outstations.
NUE (amongst others) gets a business bus on apron arrival

not on departure - but honestly: at a bus gate, priority boarding is pointless
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
not on departure - but honestly: at a bus gate, priority boarding is pointless
^

As I said above: just increases time on the bus and plane. Few people want that.

Which is why the transfer from the FCT (at least for long-haul) usually takes you to the plane when most others have already boarded ...
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be honest, when booked on LH and LX in J, i.e. with a free seat next to me and plenty of bin space, it is most important to me that the cabin crew defends the J bins for J pax. If they do their job right, I am happy to board last.
I find LX much better at protecting overhead bin space & LH are poor at that, since Iím usually in 1A itís most annoying
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
I find LX much better at protecting overhead bin space & LH are poor at that, since Iím usually in 1A itís most annoying
Unfortunately, I have the same feeling.

On my last trip, I boarded fairly late into 2A and all the bins in the J section were almost full. Then saw that the FAs actively carried trolleys from the Y section to the front and put them in the J bins before boarding had finished.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by robertr
Swiss need to get their act together as it was a mess .
The end of the world is near! This discussion obviously takes a multiple of the time of a short busride.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, I have the same feeling.

On my last trip, I boarded fairly late into 2A and all the bins in the J section were almost full. Then saw that the FAs actively carried trolleys from the Y section to the front and put them in the J bins before boarding had finished.
Yes, they let Y pax use the bins & even fill it up themselves, plus some crew bags are in first row bins
worldclubber and Nick Art like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.