FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   LX First Class Award Availability (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1974528-lx-first-class-award-availability.html)

bigmak92 Jun 18, 2019 6:36 am

LX First Class Award Availability

Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting here and I am looking forward to many constructive discussions!

I am not sure whether this has been discussed on separate threads so apologies in advance if it has.

3 weeks ago, I wanted to book an award flight in First Class on LX from ZRH-NBO, which is leaving tomorrow (first time flying in First, super excited!). On M&M website, I couldn't see any availability in J or F, but I decided to call them and try my luck. The call center said there was plenty of availability and got my ticket 30 mins later. Has this happened to anyone else? Does M&M purposefully hide some award availability through the website?

airoli Jun 18, 2019 6:46 am

Welcome to Flyertalk.

In this community, it is a well-known fact that LX First Class award tickets are exclusively available to Miles&More SEN and HON members and only by calling, never on the website.

What you have experienced is entirely normal. @:-)

chris63 Jun 18, 2019 6:51 am

Originally Posted by airoli (Post 31214350)
Welcome to Flyertalk.

In this community, it is a well-known fact that LX First Class award tickets are exclusively available to Miles&More SEN and HON members and only by calling, never on the website.

+ 1 👍

And even if it was LH it’s wise to call in because given the state of their IT what’s online is not always the same as what’s available or their call agents can see ;)

Atlantico Dec 16, 2021 9:59 am

Is this still the actual procedure and are awards still that easy to get?
Can't get any for next year not even in Business which is a bit strange, SWISS A class is widely available.

Nick Art Dec 16, 2021 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by airoli (Post 31214350)
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Huh, waddaya know. I didn't know that. I thought they appear online just as the other tickets do. Weird!

Unterwegs Dec 16, 2021 2:55 pm

You can check on sites like expertflyer how many seats are open. If you see A5 or more then chances are pretty good that there will be an award. A few days out you often get seats even if there is only F1 or F2 (as SEN when calling). This is my experience so far.

fly747first Apr 19, 2022 10:02 pm

Did LX and UA work out F awards on intra-South America flights? UA shows wide LX F award availability on select routes

chris63 Apr 20, 2022 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 34179784)
Did LX and UA work out F awards on intra-South America flights? UA shows wide LX F award availability on select routes

Intra South America LX F ? GRU-EZE-GRU, that’s it ?
Sure they are just happy to sell seats on that tag on ;)

fly747first Apr 20, 2022 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 34181560)
Intra South America LX F ? GRU-EZE-GRU, that’s it ?
Sure they are just happy to sell seats on that tag on ;)

LX has always been very strict about only letting HON book F awards regardless of route

59Impala Apr 20, 2022 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 34181891)
LX has always been very strict about only letting HON book F awards regardless of route

SEN can book F awards as well.

chris63 Apr 20, 2022 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 34181891)

Yes, only SEN & HON can book LX F awards but your original point is what ? I don’t see UA awards in LX F, maybe a glitch for GRU-EZE ?

fly747first Apr 20, 2022 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 34182206)
Yes, only SEN & HON can book LX F awards but your original point is what ? I don’t see UA awards in LX F, maybe a glitch for GRU-EZE ?

LX only has these GRU-EZE-GRU flights twice per week so when you search you have to be very specific. I see wide availability in F and J using UA miles though I wonder if there is a glitch bc J awards are booking into (P) for 27,500 miles and F awards into (F) for 38,500 miles one-way.