Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss denying EU261

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
What is the relationship between weather in TXL and the departure delay in FCO?
LX does not fly TXL-FCO. Hence, the plane had to be rotated through ZRH. ZRH is the hub of LX.
It is economically feasible for LX to have spare equipment ready in ZRH.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by warakorn
What is the relationship between weather in TXL and the departure delay in FCO?
LX does not fly TXL-FCO. Hence, the plane had to be rotated through ZRH. ZRH is the hub of LX.
It is economically feasible for LX to have spare equipment ready in ZRH.
Not sure what you are talking about. I was replying to post #13 .
Globalist and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by LondonElite
There were a lot of weather delays at TXL on the 20th because of storms in Berlin (late in the day) and other parts of Germany (earlier). I suspect this is the peg on which they will hang this claim.
I agree. Many European airports were a mess on 19 and 20 June with significant delays in the afternoon/evening, including FRA. It seems that your flight TXL-FRA was cancelled due adverse weather. Most likely your TXL-ZRH flight was also delayed cancelled due to weather. The chances to get any compensation from LH or LX is close to zero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.