Wiki Posts
Search

LX Flight Cancelled Days in Advance [due to AOG of HB-JND]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR

Maybe it’s something to do with your username, but if one B77W frame and one A343 are out tech right now, why is Boeing overrated and Airbus not?
Yep, given all the B777’s in the World, I’m happy with their reliability
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63

Yep, given all the B777’s in the World, I’m happy with their reliability
I wouldn't read much into it, other than to probably conclude that the poster isn't bright.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by sophialite

I wouldn't read much into it, other than to probably conclude that the poster isn't bright.
Maybe a touch of bias
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
The local tabloid newspaper „Sonntags-Blick“ has picked up the story of the grounded HB-JND.
Link. (In german only)
Swiss expects it back in service early („at the beginning of“) next week . (My understanding: Week starting June 17th).

They also added an interview with company airhelp which offers support with claims.
Link (in german only)

HB-JMI is already flying again, so I hope things will calm down.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jun 16, 2019 at 2:38 pm
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:11 pm

The story goes on:

HB-JND is still on the ground.
No LX38 to SFO today, and no LX138 to HKG tomorrow.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: United 1k, BA Gold, LX Senator, Flying Blue Plat, IHG Plat. Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold
A333 issues?

Is there also now an issue with an A333?

LX 52 to Boston was canceled today and now LX6 to Chicago canceled tomorrow. Not sure if that's related, but both were scheduled to be 333s.

It's a bit surprising they sent off the next 343 (HB-JMB) for refurbishment today and didn't hang onto it for a few more days considering the issues the past few weeks!

Last edited by XUPhilly; Jun 19, 2019 at 1:07 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by XUPhilly

LX 52 to Boston was canceled today and now LX6 to Chicago canceled tomorrow. Not sure if that's related, but both were scheduled to be 333s.

It's a bit surprising they sent off the next 343 (HB-JMB) for refurbishment today and didn't hang onto it for a few more days considering the issues the past few weeks!
As per airliners.net, one A333 had a birdstrike. Good news in that it should be back in action relatively soon.

Guess it isn’t easy to reschedule such a major refurb, capacity issues and all. Would probably set them back months, not days,
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Any issues with LX 7 next week

Originally Posted by XUPhilly

So I understand that LX has two grounded planes ( 777 & A340) and an A340 out for refurbishment. Not being aware of the Swiss fleet, is there any potential issues with LX 7 on Tuesday?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by gpicur
So I understand that LX has two grounded planes ( 777 & A340) and an A340 out for refurbishment. Not being aware of the Swiss fleet, is there any potential issues with LX 7 on Tuesday?

Swiss information policy to passengers and also in this forum is unfortunately not great.
My overall, wild guess is that your chances of a cancellation of LX7 next Tuesday are below 5%.

777 HB-JND.
This is 1 out of 10 B777 in the Swiss fleet.
Out of service since: June 1st.
Reason: Corrosion.
Back to service: Swiss was quoted last Saturday saying that it's back in service "early next week".
This was obviously not true unless they count the weeks differently. I found no update.

A330 HB-JHH
This is 1 out of 14 A330 in the Swiss fleet.
Out of service since: June 18th, around noon.
Reason: Birdstrike on arrival in ZRH.
Back to service: Unknown. This should not drag on to next week.
This seems the reason why LX6 / 7 were cancelled today.

A340 HB-JMB
This is 1 out of 5 A340 in the Swiss fleet.
Out of service since: June 19th
Reason: Unknown. Currently in Amman for either maintenance or cabin refurbishment or both.
A340 cabin refurbishment was planned and I expect that the timetable will currently foresee to have 1 A340 out,
so this will likely not have an impact on the operations.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:14 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
According to flightradar24 and planefinder A340 HB-JMA arrived back from BOS on the morning of 19 June and does not seem to have flown anywhere since. Any idea what’s going on?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to flightradar24 and planefinder A340 HB-JMA arrived back from BOS on the morning of 19 June and does not seem to have flown anywhere since. Any idea what’s going on?
Not good. Has LX released/leaked anything about this to the press in CH?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It is scheduled to operate LX188 to PVG today.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
By the time I called LX today they told me that there was no alternative flight with 2 available seats in J where I could leave the morning/afternoon of June 16 and arrive on June 16, at least within Star Alliance.
No reward J availability - or also no availability for cash fares?
It helps to use Expedia, Kayak and co to look for cash fares yourself on Star Alliance carriers.
Once LX has pulled on me that they can only rebook for free on Star Alliance, I have mentioned a connection on Turkish Airlines. The ticket agent was really angry and annoyed, but couldn't refuse to rebook. She did in the end.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After cancellation of LX 40 last week, ZRH-LAX faced 6 hrs delay yesterday/20-Jun.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:03 pm

Finally.
HB-JND is in the air again as LX180.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.