Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Flight Cancelled Days in Advance [due to AOG of HB-JND]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
With the HKG airport shutdown, there's one LX 77W trapped there. Wonder when it'll be allowed to fly back..
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by sophialite
With the HKG airport shutdown, there's one LX 77W trapped there. Wonder when it'll be allowed to fly back..
LX and Edelweiss have absolutely no spare aircraft. Now having one stuck in Vancouver and one in HKG they have disruptions all across. I wonder why LH can not help as they promised to keep spare aircrafts this summer.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by HKG1111

LX and Edelweiss have absolutely no spare aircraft. Now having one stuck in Vancouver and one in HKG they have disruptions all across. I wonder why LH can not help as they promised to keep spare aircrafts this summer.
Another big for LX
When you play it tight not having spare aircrafts, you expose yourself to such situations. And then refuse to pay travellers as per EC261/2004
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by escape4
Another big for LX
When you play it tight not having spare aircrafts, you expose yourself to such situations. And then refuse to pay travellers as per EC261/2004
well, for the HKG disruptions, compensation is just not applicable
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
well, for the HKG disruptions, compensation is just not applicable
If flights are cancelled in other parts of the world because one aircraft is stranded in HKG, those customers are entitled to compensation.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by escape4
If flights are cancelled in other parts of the world because one aircraft is stranded in HKG, those customers are entitled to compensation.
If the plane is stranded in HKG that should not affect other flights negatively. The flight time plus HKG parking time for the R/T is >24 h so if anything it provides some buffer elsewhere in the fleet rotation.

That doesn't help HKG pax though.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by HKG1111

LX and Edelweiss have absolutely no spare aircraft. Now having one stuck in Vancouver and one in HKG they have disruptions all across.
And I believe now there is an LX A333 (HB-JHH) stuck at JFK since Sunday August 11 night due to a landing gear retraction problem after the plane took off for GVA (operating LX23).

Incident: Swiss A333 at New York on Aug 11th 2019, could not retract landing gear

Looks like they may have been cancelling different flights on different days due to this incident (LX242 to DXB/MCT was cancelled on Monday August 12; LX146 to DEL was cancelled today August 14...)
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
If the plane is stranded in HKG that should not affect other flights negatively. The flight time plus HKG parking time for the R/T is >24 h so if anything it provides some buffer elsewhere in the fleet rotation.

Duh, of course. Brain freeze earlier this morning on my part!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.