Community
Wiki Posts
Search

articles fm Business Traveler & Blick: Does Swiss catering still feature 'Swissness'?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Who would have even thought that is possible?
Very surprising, they used to be all about premium
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
First world problems. Just spent a few hours in a United Club (and past week in an Admirals Club). Whole new dimension of the term "crap".
But AA flagship lounge is actually good (at least in ORD).
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Very surprising, they used to be all about premium
They probably feel that "premium" is expensive and they do not get as much extra revenue as "being premium" costs.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
They probably feel that "premium" is expensive and they do not get as much extra revenue as "being premium" costs.
Not noticed their tickets getting any cheaper.... paying premium & receiving the opposite... not nice
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Not noticed their tickets getting any cheaper.... paying premium & receiving the opposite... not nice
That‘s the key: reducing costs and exploiting the premium image as long as it lasts.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: LXFF
F has gotten much less expensive in recent years though... C not so much.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:15 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by ced_lx
So much that the little long haul travel I do (1-2 a year) are exclusively in F these days. I don‘t mind positioning and since I can plan my travel much in advance I can take benefit of some great prices. And I‘d bet that I pay less than most do for J even...

Economy has gotten a lot cheaper, but Business imo has gotten more expensive. Just compared to a few months ago the D fares to Casablanca have been upped by 100$. And there always was only one fare booking into D available to Casablanca up to 7? days before departure. And that exact one has been changed.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True for certain very limited routes on A restricted fares.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor

On a macro level, this is simply not true. On the contrary, over the last ~5-10 years the industry has seen the emergence of an entirely new market segment: The leisure Business Class buyer.

This segment is catered to by the very affordable, early-booking, restricted Business Class fares that are now regularly offered in many markets. Lufthansa Group passengers know them as "P" fares.

More sophisticated revenue management and distribution capabilities, along with "fare fencing" technologies, have allowed airlines to create early-on base load in their premium cabins without canibalizing the short-term, very high yield true business traveller revenues. And on the other end of the time scale, bid upgrades and LMU offers at check-in target the same audience.

While this development has led to an average yield erosion in the Business Class cabin, it has led to an increase in both load factors the total yields since the people now buying discounted Business Class fares would have in the old days bought Economy, and maybe used miles to upgrade or received Op-Ups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.