Anyone able to find out why LX1249 ARN-ZRH was delayed today ?

Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone able to find out why LX1249 ARN-ZRH was delayed today ?

My fellow FTers,
I would appreciate it, if anyone could find out the reason why LX1249 operating from Stockholm Arlanda to Zurich was delayed 32 minutes today ?

It was a small delay, however long enough to cause 3 of my family members miss their connection to LX64 bound for Miami (as the connection was 50 minutes per scheduled arrival/departure times). My family was rebooked on a routing which takes them to Miami more than 7 hours after their original scheduled arrival time.

Swissport (the handling agent for SWISS) did provide them with meal vouchers and a statement that says that "their connection in ZRH was not granted", but did not specify the late incoming aircraft (or any other reason) for the delay which caused them to miss the connection. Could not find anything on Experflyer either.

If anyone has access to more details on LX1249 cause of delay, I would appreciate it.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
I don't understand, why they missed the connecting flight. LX 1249 from ARN landed on 12:56 in ZRH (10-Jun). LX64 took off at ZRH at 14:16. Should have been enough time to connect. Did they try to make the connection?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by athome
I don't understand, why they missed the connecting flight. LX 1249 from ARN landed on 12:56 in ZRH (10-Jun). LX64 took off at ZRH at 14:16. Should have been enough time to connect. Did they try to make the connection?
+ 1

No way they should have missed that connection with so much time between landing from ARN & actual departure to MIA
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It is true that LX64 took-off at 14:16, but the doors were closed at 13:44 and while LX1249 landed on 12:56, it was at the gate only at 13:01. If you add 10 min to get off LX1249, this is only 10 min before the scheduled departure time of LX64. It is certainly possible to make it to from gate A/Bxx (arrival of LX1249) to gate Exx (departure of LX64) until 13:44 if you can navigate through ZRH airport well and quickly, this is certainly a challenge given that you have to walk to passport control, take the Heidi-train, find departure gate, pass document control for US flights ...
So, I think that LX may have automatically re-booked the OPs family members.

Concerning the "delay" of LX1249: This is very normal for LX operations - LX1248 arrived on time in ARN (even 4 min early), but a turnaround time of 45 min is simply impossible to handle for a fully booked A320. Plus the flight time was a couple of minutes longer than ususal (2h22)
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: LXFF
maybe an issue with the checked luggage?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Viennafly you are right, it was quite impossible to make the connection taking into account all the time needed for getting out of the plane, passport control, the train etc.

My family members did have luggage checked and even before the plane landed, they had been re-booked on another routing. However, they still made a sprint for it, running through the airport all the way to the gate of LX64, where they were not allowed to board the plane anymore.

That was especially frustrating as LX64 was standing by the gate still quite a while after they arrived to the gate, but the decision had already been made, so there was no way around it.
It could have been to do with the checked luggage, hard to say.

They did make it to Miami in the end and so did their luggage, albeit 8 hours later than originally scheduled.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by k21467
Viennafly you are right, it was quite impossible to make the connection taking into account all the time needed for getting out of the plane, passport control, the train etc.

My family members did have luggage checked and even before the plane landed, they had been re-booked on another routing. However, they still made a sprint for it, running through the airport all the way to the gate of LX64, where they were not allowed to board the plane anymore.

That was especially frustrating as LX64 was standing by the gate still quite a while after they arrived to the gate, but the decision had already been made, so there was no way around it.
It could have been to do with the checked luggage, hard to say.

They did make it to Miami in the end and so did their luggage, albeit 8 hours later than originally scheduled.
None of this is the pax fault, blame is solely LX, hope they already claimed their EU261 compensation of 600 EUR each ? Nothing extraordinary about their delay

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.