Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges access in LHR for LX

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Lounges access in LHR for LX

Hey guys! I am flying out of LHR (to ZRH) in LX J LX345 6am.

Other than the default Lufthansa Business lounge, can I also use United Club and Silverkris? The latter lounges are nearer to the T2B gates.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
You can use any of the Star lounges (Lufthansa, Air Canada, United, Singapore). However, the others are not so much better that they are worth the long walk to and from the satellite
GalaxyChris and worldclubber like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
...and you better check if those other lounges are open before 6am.

All my LX flights out of LHR have departed from T2A in recent years.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN
LX345 almost always (99% of the time in my experience. ) departs from the satellite B gates.

Remember it's the return trip of LX340 which lands around 10pm the night before, so I imagine it's cheaper to park overnight in B. The same goes for the Austrian Vienna flight at the same time.

The only lounge open at that time is United which opens at 5am and is apparently one of the best United lounges in the world. It's also relatively quiet first thing in the morning.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobhope2
LX345 almost always (99% of the time in my experience. ) departs from the satellite B gates.

Remember it's the return trip of LX340 which lands around 10pm the night before, so I imagine it's cheaper to park overnight in B. The same goes for the Austrian Vienna flight at the same time.

The only lounge open at that time is United which opens at 5am and is apparently one of the best United lounges in the world. It's also relatively quiet first thing in the morning.
This is awesome guys! Yes I've been tracking LX345's gates for the past few days, it's always at T2B.

United and Lufthansa opens at 5am, but i'm almost always not impressed with the latter. Hence I will definitely be heading straight to United Club!

Just 3 questions for United :

1. Will they allow me to enter despite it being an intra-European flight?
2. Any hot food in the morning when it opens at 5am?
3. By any chance will they open at 4ish, before 5am?
4. I read that the new United Polaris is going to be ready mid-2019, any website I can track its progress? Although my flight in August is a few months away, Polaris lounges are notoriously prone to delays..

Thanks!

Last edited by behyx; May 28, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Old May 28, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by behyx
This is awesome guys! Yes I've been tracking LX345's gates for the past few days, it's always at T2B.

United and Lufthansa opens at 5am, but i'm almost always not impressed with the latter. Hence I will definitely be heading straight to United Club!

Just 3 questions for United :

1. Will they allow me to enter despite it being an intra-European flight?
2. Any hot food in the morning when it opens at 5am?
3. By any chance will they open at 4ish, before 5am?
4. I read that the new United Polaris is going to be ready mid-2019, any website I can track its progress? Although my flight in August is a few months away, Polaris lounges are notoriously prone to delays..

Thanks!
1. yes
2. probably (yes for later breakfast hours, have never been there at 5)
3. very unlikely
4. there is a Polaris website with a progress tracker

Not sure it makes sense to make the trek to the UA lounge. It may be slightly better than the LH lounge, although that mainly applies during busy times at the LH lounge. But boarding for a 6 o’clock flight will be 5:30 and it takes about 15 minutes to walk back to T2A from the UA lounge, which gives you very little time there.

I have been to both lounges multiple times and would not use the UA lounge in your case, let alone get up 1 minute earlier just to be able to use the UA lounge.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldclubber

1. yes
2. probably (yes for later breakfast hours, have never been there at 5)
3. very unlikely
4. there is a Polaris website with a progress tracker

Not sure it makes sense to make the trek to the UA lounge. It may be slightly better than the LH lounge, although that mainly applies during busy times at the LH lounge. But boarding for a 6 o’clock flight will be 5:30 and it takes about 15 minutes to walk back to T2A from the UA lounge, which gives you very little time there.

I have been to both lounges multiple times and would not use the UA lounge in your case, let alone get up 1 minute earlier just to be able to use the UA lounge.
Thanks for the info!

From the interactive map of Heathrow, I can see that United Club is located at T2B, where the B gates are. Hence the flow is security > Lufthansa > United Club > T2B. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’ve had a minority of LH/LX flights leave from the B gates. And never LX 345, interestingly enough.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

More here:
T2 LHR lounges
Favourite Lounge in Heathrow T2
LH Group of airlines moving to Heathrow Terminal 2 [starting with LH & OS on 01OCT14]
Old May 29, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by behyx
From the interactive map of Heathrow, I can see that United Club is located at T2B, where the B gates are. Hence the flow is security > Lufthansa > United Club > T2B. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
The UA lounge is in T2B. Since you have never been there, just one more comment on "doability": The flight will most likely leave from T2A. You will pass through T2A anyway just behind security and before you embark on a long underground walk to T2B. Going towards T2B there are moving walkways, but not for your way back, which increases the time you need to walk back from T2A to T2B considerably. You will also have to take elevators, as there are no escalators on the way back.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
IME LX345 is always a B gate and the UA lounge is the easiest to access. You won't really have time to go anywhere else because LX345 boards very promptly beginning at about 05.30 and the last four times I've been on it the latest start to push back was 06.01.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I've used the AC lounge, the Kris lounge and the LH Lounge. LH lounge is favorite, but I'll generally try to use lounge closest to my gate. Your check-in agent can tell you before you go through security which pier your flight is leaving from.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Every time I’ve caught LX345 it’s left from T2B and I’ve used the United lounge. As I’ve written elsewhere on here, I’d never trek to B lounges if I had a departure from A, but the lounges are superior.

Yes there is full hot breakfast (buffet) in the UA Club before the 6am departure. I’m no expert but I believe it’s the best UA Club worldwide (obviously Polaris lounges are better)
Old May 29, 2019, 8:04 am

Just to add - check with the check-in or supervisor before security. They already know the gate even if it's not displayed on the screens.

One further thing - the fast track security only opens at 4.45 am and no earlier.

Also even if it is 5.01 do not move the portable entry barrier at the UA lounge lift. The staff get upset if you do that :-)
Old May 29, 2019, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I agree, LX345 is always a B gate and the only sensible lounge option is the United one which has a breakfast offering very like the LH one.

I think the UA polaris lounge is being created out of their F lounge and it will be exclusive to UA polaris customers as opposed to the business lounge. Others may know more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.