Wiki Posts
Search

Japanese menu

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Japanese menu

What is the reference to Japanese menu on my flight options shown on website for Zurich to Narita as a meal offering (ticked it without showing it cost me).
Old May 21, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: LXFF
A Japanese meal is offered on the NRT flight. I think it’s only in Y/C as I’ve never seen the option in F.

edit: only in J. Here is what the Swiss web site has to say:This menu is available in Business Class from and to Tokyo (LX 160 and LX 161); must be booked in advance. Please contact our Service Center at least 24h in advance to book your Japanese meal.

Starter: Soba noodles.
Main course: Japanese style with rice, miso soup and marinated vegetables.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:35 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by ced_lx
A Japanese meal is offered on the NRT flight. I think it’s only in Y/C as I’ve never seen the option in F.
I'm pretty sure there is Sushi available in F. Specifically we had a discussion about wether Yooijs Sushi really is First Class quality...
Old May 22, 2019, 4:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I'm pretty sure there is Sushi available in F. Specifically we had a discussion about wether Yooijs Sushi really is First Class quality...
It’s a long time since I last flew ZRH-NRT in F but some sushi (not on the menu) used to be served before the first course.
Attached Images   
Old May 22, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
I read the website as well and it appears that Japanese menu was for higher travel class only but website allowed me to choose it along with kosher as a special meal in economy...will report back once tray is delivered....like opening a present …...
Old May 22, 2019, 6:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It’s a long time since I last flew ZRH-NRT in F but some sushi (not on the menu) used to be served before the first course.
Ah yes, that could be it. The sushi in the picture seems to be globus sushi though, did they switch from Yoojis?
Old May 22, 2019, 6:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

A Japanese meal is available to Economy passengers on longhaul flights for a supplement of CHF 49.00.

https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/book/swi...a-carte-dining

For Business passengers a Japanese meal is only available on LX160/161 as one of the “special” meals.

Japanese meal
This menu is available in Business Class from and to Tokyo (LX 160 and LX 161); must be booked in advance. Please contact our Service Center at least 24h in advance to book your Japanese meal.

Starter: Soba noodles.
Main course: Japanese style with rice, miso soup and marinated vegetables.
https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/fly/on-b.../special-meals
Old May 22, 2019, 6:47 am

Ah yes, that could be it. The sushi in the picture seems to be globus sushi though, did they switch from Yoojis?
I’ve no idea. They are from 2012 and 2013.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: LXFF
The sushi in F doesn’t count as a full Japanese meal. Last time I flew F on NRT was 2018 and the sushi was pretty crappy honestly. On one of the flights the sushi was replaced by some weird Japanese finger foods. Even the FA thought it was weird.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:04 pm

It is very hard to make a decision to pre-order a Japanese meal in C when they are not very descriptive and you also don't know what is on the regular menu...
Can't they provide the menus online in advance? I am flying on a C ticket NH outbound and return on LX metal, the NH website has the entire menu as well as the special pre-order menu so that one can make a decision...
Old May 27, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
It is very hard to make a decision to pre-order a Japanese meal in C when they are not very descriptive and you also don't know what is on the regular menu...
Can't they provide the menus online in advance? I am flying on a C ticket NH outbound and return on LX metal, the NH website has the entire menu as well as the special pre-order menu so that one can make a decision...
When are you flying? LX’s Japanese language website publishes the menus for LX161. The Japanese main dish from 7 March to the beginning of June is sea bream with grated radish sauce.

https://www.swiss.com/japan/ja/lx161-meal

I have posted the current LX161 business menu in another thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31105288-post610.html
Old May 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Are you flying NH ex ZRH?
Old May 28, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Are you flying NH ex ZRH?
Given that NH doesn't fly to ZRH, that is quite unlikely...
Old May 28, 2019, 2:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by airoli
Given that NH doesn't fly to ZRH, that is quite unlikely...
My point exactly.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:24 am

My point exactly.
no, flying ex-DUS on NH and returning on LX ex NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.