Swiss Op-up

Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Damn, it didn't occur to me?!
I guess when I was surprised with an upgrade like this I stopped thinking logically hehe...
But I went for Business Class choice and the steak was gooood.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Curious if any experiences have changed? - as a United 1K I'll be flying Swiss next month
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bakster21
Curious if any experiences have changed? - as a United 1K I'll be flying Swiss next month
keep your expectations low! in particular on long haul flights (and upgrades on European flights is not really such a great beneift).
most op-ups are done because your class is full/overbooked and there are seats available in the higher class...and currently not many long haul flights of LX are full/overbooked...
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by bakster21
If the flight is not overbooked then chances are close to 0. So far I had only 1 upgrade with Austrian a few years ago but the flight was heavily overbooked!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: LX SEN
Never had an op up on a long haul flight with LX (or LH).
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Right now a lot of rebooked tickets end up in higher fare classes (C/G/Y) which lifts your PCV immensely and guarantees an op-up (if the cabin is oversold).
hugolover, Edvard and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Nic33
Never had an op up on a long haul flight with LX (or LH).
Had quite a few years ago when it didn't belong to Lufthansa and the FFP was called TravelClub.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
Had quite a few years ago when it didn't belong to Lufthansa and the FFP was called TravelClub.
yes indeed....those were the good times...
I can not recall one single op-up since Swiss joined m&m and I am a SEN since then...
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:33 am

Then, I had that too over 20 years ago. LX was called Swissair and the business class seats were similar to current premium eco seats.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes indeed....those were the good times...
I can not recall one single op-up since Swiss joined m&m and I am a SEN since then...
My wife and I were upgraded on our last Swiss flight back to the US just before the pandemic started - we were waiting to board and I received the notification on my phone. That flight was not overbooked - I'll be curious to see what happens on this upcoming trip.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: Miles & More SEN, ALL Platinum
I'm SEN. I flew LX on ZRH-YUL route in August, overbooked by 40+ in economy class (M).

I already had a business class seat when online check-in opened 23h before my flight! Even got to pick the throne

I wonder if it would have been the case with a lower class but I guess so, they ended up upgrading people after boarding.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:28 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Just add an op-up on GVA - ZRH.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Right now a lot of rebooked tickets end up in higher fare classes (C/G/Y) which lifts your PCV immensely and guarantees an op-up (if the cabin is oversold).
I had flight cancellations and had to rebook several flights:

- rebooked flights originally on LX into a new LX flight remained in P (although D and Z appeared to be the lowest class available on the different rebooked legs).
- rebooked flights originally on LX into a new LH flight got upgraded from P to Z.

It hence seems that LX may "force" a P on its own operated flights, even if it is not available for sale any longer. And P means that there is virtually no chance for an op-up...
Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:08 pm

ZRH-DEL on a Business D fare 016 UA stock as UA *G (Platinum). Upgraded to F at gate, along with 4 others. Absolutely full flight.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 2:44 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Also on the 23rd, ZRH-JNB upgraded from premium economy (N) to business at the gate, as the boarding started.

I spotted this in the app, so managed to quickly grab on of the last single seats (it initially assigned me into the window of the couple).

Flight looked pretty full in all cabins.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.