Search

Access to Swiss First Class Lounge in Zürich ZRH

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M
Access to Swiss First Class Lounge in Zürich ZRH

Hi there fellow travellers,

I will be travelling from LHR via ZRH to NBO and back in F. I've booked my flight back to LHR to have a 6h+ connection in Zurich.

Two questions here, as the access rules on swiss.com are described very shortly:
1) As I will be arriving in F from NBO, but continuing in business to LHR, will I have access to the lounge?
2) My wife chose the business class, as she's not into paying much more for F - if we are on the same flight from ZRH to LHR, can she be granted access as my companion into the first class lounge in Zurich (if I recall correctly, this is the case for LH First Class in FRA)?

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2019, 3:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chmielko
Hi there fellow travellers,

I will be travelling from LHR via ZRH to NBO and back in F. I've booked my flight back to LHR to have a 6h+ connection in Zurich.

Two questions here, as the access rules on swiss.com are described very shortly:
1) As I will be arriving in F from NBO, but continuing in business to LHR, will I have access to the lounge?
2) My wife chose the business class, as she's not into paying much more for F - if we are on the same flight from ZRH to LHR, can she be granted access as my companion into the first class lounge in Zurich (if I recall correctly, this is the case for LH First Class in FRA)?

Thanks!
1) Yes
and
2) Yes - I assume she is on the same NBO-ZRH flight as well.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
1) Yes
and
2) Yes - I assume she is on the same NBO-ZRH flight as well.
Thank you and yes, she's booked on the same flight NBO-ZRH-LHR, full journey in business though.

For anyone needing specific information, I came across the following:
https://www.swiss.com/gr/EN/fly/airport/companion-rules
Old May 9, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by chmielko
Thank you and yes, she's booked on the same flight NBO-ZRH-LHR, full journey in business though.

For anyone needing specific information, I came across the following:
https://www.swiss.com/gr/EN/fly/airport/companion-rules
And if you have a paid F ticket ex U.K. there is also the complimentary chauffeur service, to & from all U.K. airports served by LH group.
chmielko likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:19 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Both questions have been answered already, but I'd like to add that your wife wouldn't even need to be booked on the same flight as you to be granted guest access. She only needs a same day *A boarding pass.
chmielko likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Both questions have been answered already, but I'd like to add that your wife wouldn't even need to be booked on the same flight as you to be granted guest access. She only needs a same day *A boarding pass.
Yes, this is a massive difference from LH
chmielko likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
An issue you may have is the car/van to the F lounge on arrival in ZHR, they are rigid to the rule that it is for F passengers only and won't transfer your wife. Likewise you alone will be entitled to a transfer to the LHR flight if required.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by chris63

And if you have a paid F ticket ex U.K. there is also the complimentary chauffeur service, to & from all U.K. airports served by LH group.
Not that easy to find on the site
https://www.swiss.com/unitedkingdom/...ousine-service
and ignore the 50 mile radius, they will charge an excess if the road journey is over 50 miles.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:28 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by moeman982
An issue you may have is the car/van to the F lounge on arrival in ZHR, they are rigid to the rule that it is for F passengers only and won't transfer your wife. Likewise you alone will be entitled to a transfer to the LHR flight if required.
ZRH!

The only exception is when you are the only F class pax in the flight.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:32 am

ZRH!

Oops sorry sticky fingers!
Nick Art likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moeman982
Not that easy to find on the site
https://www.swiss.com/unitedkingdom/...ousine-service
and ignore the 50 mile radius, they will charge an excess if the road journey is over 50 miles.
Indeed, it’s well hidden

50 miles from an airport is fair & reasonable
Old May 11, 2019, 10:42 am

ZRH!

I've heard it's not just due to "protection" of the F class, but to keep consistent in any case (imagine couple HONs in Stübli, C or even Y compagnions of F pax - probably not enough minivans for all those early morning arrivals)

Shenzhen actually does it VERY well on their domestic routes within China.

*G pax are getting first Economy row assigned on checkin (spacious!) with middle seat blocked unless the flight is completely booked out. Suppose in the case of more than 4 *G pax they'd use the second row too, but so far never had this happening.

Besides a very nice recognition onboard, they'll make sure that all *G pax can use the business class bus on arrival, and since priority baggage delivery actually WORKS with them, even with a bus gate I've yet to take longer than 10min to actually be landside WITH luggage after doors open. Often it's much smoother (all priority baggage is delivered on a special fast truck that literally follow the C class bus)

Now I've only experienced it 5 times so far, but it always worked like a charm.

*hint* @ Swiss... and it's why I happily pay a bit extra to fly Shenzhen within China.. from checkin to luggage delivery, smooth experience as *G in Y. Wished Swiss could be like that, too.
Nick Art likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Indeed, it’s well hidden
50 miles from an airport is fair & reasonable
Does this offer include a ticket bought on LH.com for C flight originating in the UK and continuing in F from FRA ?
Old May 11, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
Does this offer include a ticket bought on LH.com for C flight originating in the UK and continuing in F from FRA ?
It’s specifically F tickets ex UK bought from LH or LX, funding comes from their marketing budget in UK. So outbound books into J, onward in A or F
Old May 11, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
It’s specifically F tickets ex UK bought from LH or LX, funding comes from their marketing budget in UK. So outbound books into J, onward in A or F
Thanks Chris, and what I also mean is the condition:
  • Applicable for passengers (...) holding a ticket that has been issued in the UK.
Does the definition of the ticket "issued in the UK" include tickets bought and paid directly online on Lufthansa.com or Swiss.com?
(the trip originates in the UK in J, continues in F from FRA, the ticket is charged online in £)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.