Access to Swiss First Class Lounge in Zürich ZRH

Old May 12, 2019, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by andywaw
Thanks Chris, and what I also mean is the condition:
  • Applicable for passengers (...) holding a ticket that has been issued in the UK.
Does the definition of the ticket "issued in the UK" include tickets bought and paid directly online on Lufthansa.com or Swiss.com?
(the trip originates in the UK in J, continues in F from FRA, the ticket is charged online in £)
Yes, all tickets purchased on LH group websites with the origin U.K. & charged in GBP qualify.
andywaw likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, all tickets purchased on LH group websites with the origin U.K. & charged in GBP qualify.
^

Exactly. When I am on the continent and try to book a ticket ex UK on lh.com, it automatically says something like "we have redirected you to our ticket shop in the UK" and gives the price in GBP.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
^

Exactly. When I am on the continent and try to book a ticket ex UK on lh.com, it automatically says something like "we have redirected you to our ticket shop in the UK" and gives the price in GBP.
Yes, that’s how it should work but currently even booking tickets Ex UK it forces everything in German
Old May 12, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
It should work if you try to get it. It won't work if you bought on the J leg and the F leg on separate tickets (have tried and been denied).
Old May 12, 2019, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, that’s how it should work but currently even booking tickets Ex UK it forces everything in German
It’s LH IT, just wait a few months and things will (may?) be back to normal.
chris63 and andywaw like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:03 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hello there

I will be flying HKG-FRA-MUC-ARN-ZRH, with the ARN-ZRH on a different ticket than the F ticket which is HKG-FRA-MUC-ARN.
All I know about access to the Swiss F Class lounge so far tells my I won't have access to it on arrival from the ARN-ZRH leg, but I still wanted to ask if this as maybe changed in the meantime and a same day arriving F Class ticket into FRA suffices to be granted access.

Cheers!
Old May 27, 2019, 2:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Normally if you show the F boarding pass from arriving in FRA the ZRH FCL wardens try to make your access happen. I've done it, but was flying XXX-FRA-ZRH-MUC that day so they had a BP for the next flight to work with.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:34 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Normally if you show the F boarding pass from arriving in FRA the ZRH FCL wardens try to make your access happen. I've done it, but was flying XXX-FRA-ZRH-MUC that day so they had a BP for the next flight to work with.
With arriving Boarding passes in F on LX it is not a problem at all, and LH F aren't a problem as well if your route through ZRH on the same ticket as I think your XXX-FRA-ZRH-MUC booking was? And since mine ARN-ZRH leg is ona different ticket I think that might pose a problem. But then again, I'm not sure and essentially the website states that a same day LX/LH departing/arriving boarding pass suffices.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
For me, it has worked even if on two ticket, but this was ~3 years ago. Routing was SIN-ZRH-AMS-ZRH-GVA, where the AMS-ZRH-GVA was on a cheap P class ticket. So two times ZRH FCL. Was even driven to my ZRH-GVA flight which was departing from a remote stand. But I guess it all depends on the FCL wardens.
Nick Art likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:53 am

Arrival day is much simpler and a different story than departure, and FCLs are different from FCT. By the book, your arriving long-haul flight on LH F gives you access to LH (Group) FCLs for the rest of the day.

I have done it on LH myself and it worked without a problem. LX should be the same, but sometimes they have mysterious ways there.
Nick Art likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
With arriving Boarding passes in F on LX it is not a problem at all, and LH F aren't a problem as well if your route through ZRH on the same ticket as I think your XXX-FRA-ZRH-MUC booking was? And since mine ARN-ZRH leg is ona different ticket I think that might pose a problem. But then again, I'm not sure and essentially the website states that a same day LX/LH departing/arriving boarding pass suffices.
I think it’s unlikely they will let you in on the separate outbound tickets but always worth a try & go armed with a printout of the published rule from the website
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:05 pm

Hi everyone,
If I am leaving from Zurich at noon 12:10 (domestic flight)
Does anyone know if I will still be able to have the 5 course set "Wine & Dine" Menu or is that menu not available in the morning?
Also does anyone know if there are still two 5 course menus offered? ("Wine & Dine" and "Swiss" Menu)?

Thank you very much in advance!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darumi
Hi everyone,
If I am leaving from Zurich at noon 12:10 (domestic flight)
Does anyone know if I will still be able to have the 5 course set "Wine & Dine" Menu or is that menu not available in the morning?
Also does anyone know if there are still two 5 course menus offered? ("Wine & Dine" and "Swiss" Menu)?

Thank you very much in advance!
IME they change from breakfast to lunch at 11.00 but since there is a Chef in the A lounge cooking Station some flexibility ought to be possible
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:29 am

They'll serve you lunch for breakfast if that's what you want. Last week there was a five course Swiss tasting menu (seems to always be there, rotating through different cantons -- it was Vaud this time) plus the regular menu.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles
Hi LX experts... Am contemplating on switching up a reward ticket, so here's my question:

If my itinerary is ZRH-FRA-JFK where my ZRH-FRA is either in LH or LX reward Y or C, and FRA-JFK is in reward F same day (17:00). Will i get access to the LX First class (and basically all of the) lounges in ZRH?

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.