Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Swiss First Class Lounge in Zürich ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by andywaw
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even theoretically, arriving F passengers who finish their trip in ZRH do not have access in FCL.
Seems to be different from LH then who gives you access to ALL of their lounges in their system minus the FCT during your arrival day assuming you can physically reach it.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:33 pm

PVG-ZRH upon arrival in ZRH, no access in FCL because you do not continue on any flight the same day.
That would be something very new to me..

Unless LX has changed the rules very recently, you gain access to the FCL when arriving in ZRH with a same-day LX F boarding pass. No matter if connection or ending in ZRH.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even theoretically, arriving F passengers who finish their trip in ZRH do not have access to FCL.
I had access to the FCL when finishing my trip in ZRH. No problem at all. Even once 8hrs after landing.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Theoretically they'd have access to the FCL but since OP doesn't have onward bp to get airside there's no easy way to get to it.
OP can just stay airside when arriving in ZRH. There is no boarding pass check, you simply pass a security check in Dock E on your way to the FCL E, where he'll arrive anyway (better than FCL A imho) - they don't check boarding passes at the security check.
okrogius and worldclubber like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

Unless LX has changed the rules very recently, you gain access to the FCL when arriving in ZRH with a same-day LX F boarding pass. No matter if connection or ending in ZRH.

OP can just stay airside when arriving in ZRH. There is no boarding pass check, you simply pass a security check in Dock E on your way to the FCL E, where he'll arrive anyway (better than FCL A imho) - they don't check boarding passes at the security check.
Yep, I've never heard about the rule changing with LX

Good to know about the transit security, would've thought a bp is required. Makes sense as not many people would voluntarily go airside on arrival.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

Perhaps I am wrong here.
So assuming an F flight with carry on only and staying airside, you can stay in FCL until they close, upon your arrival in F?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:45 pm

F flight with carry on only and staying airside, you can stay in FCL until they close, upon your arrival in F?
Exactly.

I don't see how luggage is relevant in this situation as one can simply go to baggage claim or the baggage office and pick it up later on.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:47 pm

Exactly.

I don't see how luggage is relevant in this situation as one can simply go to baggage claim or the baggage office and pick it up later on.
I don't want to leave my bags unattended or look for them all over the place. Just me.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:51 pm

Perhaps I am wrong here.
So assuming an F flight with carry on only and staying airside, you can stay in FCL until they close, upon your arrival in F?
LX usually checks through luggage overnight, so unless you need your checkin luggage in ZRH, you'd not have to worry about it.

And while I _usually_ happily advise people to visit the city of Zürich, there can definitely be situations when going downtown isn't really the greatest option. Say, a 8pm arrival in winter. Don't having warm clothes readily available (when you connect SIN to GRU in ZRH..) in January. Generally bad weather (12C and perpetual rain in June isn't that much fun either). Having been enough in Zürich but no local friends, an early morning departure. etc. etc.
Plenty of reasons why dinner at the FCL followed by some proper sleep in an airport hotel is the better choice than heading into the city.

Now, if you arrive 2pm and depart 1pm next day on a sunny spring to autumn day, I'd be pressed hard to recomment the FCL to you. Maybe a glas of champagne, but then off to the city.
okrogius, worldclubber and andywaw like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:52 pm

Thanks miamiflyer8 and Yuropflyer for clearing that up! ^
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:00 pm

Thanks, insightful answers as always. FCL access as long as you can reach the lounge on same calendar day, irrespective of departing or not. And overnight changes access, even if overnight is the only way to have that connection on Swiss.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:15 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by okrogius
LX ticket PVG-ZRH(overnight)-ARN. Any chance of access on arrival? And does ZRH-ARN qualify for F lounge since it's a connection on an F ticket, but following day? Thanks.
No access.
PVG-ZRH upon arrival in ZRH, no access in FCL because you do not continue on any flight the same day.
ZRH-ARN on the next day - no access in FCL, because the flight in F on the previous day is irrelevant for your day of departure to ARN. Your boarding pass will be in J, so you can use only Business Lounge (or Senator if you are Star Alliance Gold).
Theoretically they'd have access to the FCL but since OP doesn't have onward bp to get airside there's no easy way to get to it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even theoretically, arriving F passengers who finish their trip in ZRH do not have access to FCL.
All of the above are wrong.
You literally get picked up at the plane and driven to the private passport control where you actually enter the airside on your way to the baggage claim without them actually having you go through security.
If you, however, say you want to visit the lounge they will check you at the security check point that‘s right next to it. (only when arriving unclean) (Nothing is stopping you from not saying that and visiting the lounge anyway without going through security though.). Same day arrival certainly entitles you to visit the lounge.

The next day as correctly stated no access will be granted.
Perhaps I am wrong here.
Yes, except why why one would do that? I get it for having lunch and a shower...
And bags have nothing to do with it, I always access the FCL on arrival and they just keep the bags for you at the counter. No searching needed as they will be right in front of the counter with the big nice friendly letters „First Class“ and „HON Circle“, also they will have a prominent orange and violett HON priority tag and frankly Zurich airport is not a place where you have to search through hordes of lost baggage lying around all over the place.

I've seen one report here about the exact situation, although the agent was wrong letting in IMO.

Is it indeed correct that LX codeshare on SQ flight gets ZRH FCL access?
I am 99% certain it is allowed and so according to the rules, but only if the ticket is on the lx codeshare. And even then there have been discussions that with it the limo ride seems not to be included since sq won‘t pay for it? We hade this discussion on the vielfliegertreff I think.

And now I see Yuropflyer beat me to it.
worldclubber and miamiflyer8 like this.

Last edited by Nick Art; Nov 24, 2019 at 4:21 pm
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by okrogius
Thanks, insightful answers as always. FCL access as long as you can reach the lounge on same calendar day, irrespective of departing or not. And overnight changes access, even if overnight is the only way to have that connection on Swiss.
It doesn‘t matter if it‘s an overnight, if you arrive on LX F you have access to the FCL on the day of your arrival. Period.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
You don’t have to use security at the private passport control if you are arriving from certain cities. IIRC didn’t have to it from JFK, SFO, ORD or LAX. But I did have to do it for JNB.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
You don’t have to use security at the private passport control if you are arriving from certain cities. IIRC didn’t have to it from JFK, SFO, ORD or LAX. But I did have to do it for JNB.
Because under EU standard which CH uses too considers the USA and Singapore to be clean destinations.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:21 pm

What about trips on different tickets? Coming back to my situation described in post #101

All departures/arrivals on the same day.
One ticket: LX (F) HKG-ZRH-ARN
Continue on another LH (P) ticket: ARN-FRA-WAW
Originally Posted by Nick Art
If you arrive on LX F you have access to the FCL on the day of your arrival. Period.
If I understand it correctly, in the afternoon/evening at FCL (in ZRH or FRA as in my trip) I only show my same day early morning LX F arriving boarding pass and it is enough to get access? And they do not need to know/question/mind on what ticket I will be actually travelling at that time?

I'm asking because both LH and LX rules now state: "Guests have access to the First Class lounges, provided the whole journey is booked in First Class".
So, in my two-tickets situation does this rule or "If you arrive on LX F you have access to the FCL on the day of your arrival." apply?

Last edited by andywaw; Nov 24, 2019 at 5:27 pm
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What about trips on different tickets? Coming back to my situation described in post #101

All departures/arrivals on the same day.
One ticket: LX (F) HKG-ZRH-ARN
Continue on another LH (P) ticket: ARN-FRA-WAW

If I understand it correctly, in the afternoon/evening at FCL (in ZRH or FRA as in my trip) I only show my same day early morning LX F arriving boarding pass and it is enough to get access? And they do not need to know/question/mind on what ticket I will be actually travelling at that time?

I'm asking because both LH and LX rules now state: "Guests have access to the First Class lounges, provided the whole journey is booked in First Class".
So, in my two-tickets situation does this rule or "If you arrive on LX F you have access to the FCL on the day of your arrival." apply?
You won't have access on FRA, since your ticket didn't route through there. If you fly ARN-ZRH-WAW you will have access to the FCL based on your morning arrival.
However, the other way around it has been possible to access the ZRH FCL on a LH F ticket that didn't route through ZRH, but since they changed the wording this isn't really working anymore. (Or at least I have not tried yet)

If you fly HKG-FRA-MUC-ARN on a F ticket you will have access to the FCL in FRA and MUC.
But based on the new rules NOT in ZRH. (Although that used to work when I did it last September, sadly they changed the wording).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.