Swiss First Lounge A on arrival?

Old May 5, 19, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Swiss First Lounge A on arrival?

I booked EWR-FRA-ZRH (EWR-FRA in First & FRA-ZRH in Business) as an award ticket. Can I use the SWISS First Lounge A on arrival in ZRH? I will have a checked bag (which I plan to pick up from Lost & Found if it gets displaced). I'm aware that there is a SWISS Arrival Lounge at ZRH but I wanted to check out the new First Lounge. Thanks!
Old May 6, 19, 12:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
If the booking is on the same ticket it should be possible. I know that when you're fly Swiss First it certainly is, so I think it should also be possible with a same day Lufthansa First Class Arrival.
Regarding the baggage, it's usually still placed on the HON/First trolley, but if you take a long time in the First Class Lounge the baggage will be placed in front of the Lost and Found. Nothing to worry about there.
Old May 7, 19, 9:38 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
What about if I arrive in Swiss First form HKG, but next flight to TLV in C not til day after because Swiss cant sel la same day connection? Can I access F lounge E and A gates as an arrival I nLX F?
Old May 8, 19, 12:07 am

You get F lounge access for your arrival, but not for your next day flight.

FYI: As a F connection pax if the ZRH-TLV leg is operated y an A330 you should get to reserve the F seats for free (with J service), however iím not sure if your overnight layover prevents this.

PS: How you canít connect to a same day connection flight with a 6 am arrival from HKG is beyond me.
Old May 8, 19, 12:31 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
You get F lounge access for your arrival, but not for your next day flight.

FYI: As a F connection pax if the ZRH-TLV leg is operated y an A330 you should get to reserve the F seats for free (with J service), however iím not sure if your overnight layover prevents this.

PS: How you canít connect to a same day connection flight with a 6 am arrival from HKG is beyond me.
Thx for that
Good Ill use F lounge for breakfast then a nap before leaving airport - have to stay overnight because although both day and night LX flights ZRH-TLV on day of arrival from HKG are COMPLETELY empty checking with KVS tool, Swiss revenue management are not allowing seats for sale on both these flights unless in Paid J Class (even though J, C D Z P are all 9 ) due to some POS rules Im dumbfounded
Not sure if that F seating wil lapply either -usually get this, even recently on a TLV-ZRH flight on a 777 on an SQ award ticket gratis as a SEN
Old May 8, 19, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by cbourl View Post
Thx for that
Good Ill use F lounge for breakfast then a nap before leaving airport - have to stay overnight because although both day and night LX flights ZRH-TLV on day of arrival from HKG are COMPLETELY empty checking with KVS tool, Swiss revenue management are not allowing seats for sale on both these flights unless in Paid J Class (even though J, C D Z P are all 9 ) due to some POS rules Im dumbfounded
Not sure if that F seating wil lapply either -usually get this, even recently on a TLV-ZRH flight on a 777 on an SQ award ticket gratis as a SEN
You shouldn't get it gratis as a SEN. Only HONs get it for free, SENs and others have to pay 250.- (usually).

What date are you looking to book? Because I can't believe they are not selling two of the TLV flights on a day?
Old May 8, 19, 1:07 am

Programs: LH HON
You shouldn't get it gratis as a SEN. Only HONs get it for free, SENs and others have to pay 250.- (usually).

What date are you looking to book? Because I can't believe they are not selling two of the TLV flights on a day?
maybe the OP is on an award and there is no I availability?
Old May 8, 19, 3:07 am

on my many upgrades 99% of flights from TLV-ZRH as a SEN Ive asked nicely and Laufer Aviation at Ben Gurion are particularly friendly Never 1 cent or shekel to sit in F even on UA and SQ award tickets as SEN always upgraded to F with C service at gate As for paid tickets with an upgrade to LX F long haul with direct connection always in F with C service, often alone
As for my current booking its fully paid NO ONE WILLbook these empty flights LX252 and LX256 on 12.8.19 from LX Sen, LH Australia LH DE
Some pix for you just a fewof the many flights to/from TLV and Zueri
All you need to do is look at Seat Maps for LX252 and LX 256 12.8 on KVS Tool Ive been told its all POS FYI Ive booked Z upg 2 evouchers as usual

Last edited by cbourl; May 8, 19 at 3:48 am Reason: Typos Big Greek Fingers
Old May 8, 19, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by cbourl View Post
on my man yupgrades 99% of flights from TLV-ZRH as a SEN Ive asked nicely and Laufer Aviation at Ben Gurion are particularly freinly Never 1 cent or shekel to sit in F even on UA and SQ award tickets
As for my current booking its fully paid NO ONE WIL Lbook these flights on 12.8.19 from LX Sen, LH Australia LH DE
what?

Could you please write a complete sentence? Because I have trouble understanding what you mean.
Old May 8, 19, 3:24 am

Okay from what I could decrypt from your message, you never payed to get the F seat, which is surprising and it bothers me.

Your flight to Tel Aviv is on the 12th, for which I, btw, have no issue finding space in any Business Class or Economy
Judging from what you asked before, your flight to ZRH will be in F from HKG. As a connection flight in a F class booking the connection flights will automatically be booked into J! (when there is F pricing available for your selected route).

I see the issue now: There is no F pricing available for the routing HKG-TLV, so it tries to combine the HKG-ZRH First pricing and ZRH-TLV Business pricing together. Which is unfortunate, since usually only the higher booking classes are available to be pieced together like that, cheap ones like A, P and Z do not allow it.

If you were to provide the exact route and dates (including return) I could try to help you more.
Old May 8, 19, 3:30 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Regarding sitting in the F cabin on ZRH-TLV-ZRH with a J ticket: It is correct that anybody but HONs must pay CHF250 to book those seats in advance.

However, as LX sells more J tickets than there are seats in that cabin on the route, at check-in often other pax are placed in the F cabin, and at that time SEN or even myself as a lowly *G will frequently get the "upgrade" for free.
cbourl and Nick Art like this.
Old May 8, 19, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by daumueller View Post

maybe the OP is on an award and there is no I availability?
Not at all fully paid I said paid classes not I class but interesting point - ill check t osee if UA have seats avialalbe in I Class (C award) on 12.8 NO NO AWARDS in I either!
Old May 8, 19, 3:55 am

Okay from what I could decrypt from your message, you never payed to get the F seat, which is surprising and it bothers me.

Your flight to Tel Aviv is on the 12th, for which I, btw, have no issue finding space in any Business Class or Economy
Judging from what you asked before, your flight to ZRH will be in F from HKG. As a connection flight in a F class booking the connection flights will automatically be booked into J! (when there is F pricing available for your selected route).

I see the issue now: There is no F pricing available for the routing HKG-TLV, so it tries to combine the HKG-ZRH First pricing and ZRH-TLV Business pricing together. Which is unfortunate, since usually only the higher booking classes are available to be pieced together like that, cheap ones like A, P and Z do not allow it.

If you were to provide the exact route and dates (including return) I could try to help you more.
No F paid to/from TLV always books into Business Class J C D Z P Never a problem in past Noproblems with flights day b4 or day after just 12.8.19

Search this Thread