FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   New SWISS lounge in Terminal A (to open in summer 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1967578-new-swiss-lounge-terminal-open-summer-2019-a.html)

alinghi90 Apr 30, 2019 6:19 am

New SWISS lounge in Terminal A (to open in summer 2019)

Just saw in the media that LX will open a "new-style" lounge in terminal 1 (=A) this summer. Anyone knows what they mean with "new-style" lounge? Will it be where the old FCL A was?

Here the quote from the press release from LX's Q1 results:

SWISS will continue to invest in its premium product in 2019, in the air and on the ground. A new-style lounge will be opened at Zurich Airport this summer;

ced_lx Apr 30, 2019 7:38 am

I was passing by the space with a staffer from SWISS almost two years ago are I was being told it would be a new lounge of sorts. I understood that it was for SEN or F pax. But I haven't heard any other details.

worldclubber Apr 30, 2019 8:16 am

I have walked by it a number of times on my way down to the shuttle from A to E. It is supposed to become some kind of SEN Cafe (as discussed in another thread IIRC), but I haven't heard anything more concrete than that. Should be a nice space with apron view, I am looking forward to it.

fassy Apr 30, 2019 12:19 pm

Perhaps same style as the Panorama lounge in FRA? I like that one. makes FRA enjoyable (for us regular Non-HON, non-F pax :D ) even though I think the interior designer worked for Marriott US before and the doors in the toilets are... very special... ;)

airoli Apr 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Where's that space?

sophialite Apr 30, 2019 2:46 pm

It's the old FCL in A space.

worldclubber Apr 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 31053196)
Perhaps same style as the Panorama lounge in FRA?

Probably something with more „swissness“. ;)

Nick Art May 2, 2019 10:15 am

Really looking forward to this new Sen café of sorts. It is said to not have as much food selection as the current Sen lounge though. I’m also wondering on how and if it will be connected to the other lounges? (as it’s right besides them)

I’m happy that the old F lounge space isn’t going to waste! It has a nice view after all!

Gioventu Jul 30, 2019 8:29 pm

Is there any news on this new lounge in A?

Haven't been to ZRH recently so was just wondering if something happened in the meantime...

Viennafly Jul 31, 2019 1:11 am

When I was exiting the F lounge in A on Sunday, the space still looked like a big mess and not as if it could be finished in the next few weeks. Also given how often the opening of the C and SEN lounges were postponed, I would not want to speculate on an opening date.

Gioventu Jul 31, 2019 1:49 am

Can someone take some pictures at the next opportunity?

Nick Art Jul 31, 2019 6:35 am

There is really nothing to take pictures of, last time I checked they don't let you enter that area.

worldclubber Jul 31, 2019 7:24 am

Probably still looks pretty much like this. You do not get much further ...

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...93b7afcbd.jpeg

sophialite Jul 31, 2019 7:32 am

Wish they'd work on improving the D lounges for us travelers frequently connecting to London.

My only beef with A lounges is the lack of windows. D has the potential to be a great renovated lounge.

HKG1111 Jul 31, 2019 8:23 am

Not sure what other people experience but the shuttle to terminal E is very cumbersome nowadays. I was told they can only book you on a shuttle in 15-20 min (new procedures) . Gone the days where you arrive and straight can go to FCL or gate at E. Not very convenient and it happen twice to me now that I had to wait.