Dates for SWISS Caviar Tasting

Old Apr 29, 19, 10:18 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Posts: 325
Dates for SWISS Caviar Tasting

Normally the SWISS Connoisseur caviar special occurs last part of May. Does anyone know the 2019 dates?
sfoeuroflyer is online now  
Old Apr 29, 19, 10:59 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,642
Sometimes a little search helps...

The all-new SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread
daumueller is offline  
Old May 6, 19, 11:16 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BRU-ZRH
Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 700
22.05.2019 - 04.06.2019
The Wolf is offline  
Old May 6, 19, 1:14 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 811
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
22.05.2019 - 04.06.2019
FML. F flights three days before the beginning and a week after the ending.
sophialite is online now  
Old May 7, 19, 3:32 am
  #5  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,464
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post


FML. F flights three days before the beginning and a week after the ending.
Outsch.

I'm currently looking at the Italy Partner special for which if you book for two you can get to JFK in F for 3700.- CHF per Person. Dates I'm looking at are between 29th and 3rd June with a stay of 7 or 8 nights.
If you really want to fly during the caviar tasting you could try and book such a partner special flight as well. To some destinations they are as low as 2200.- CHF. p.P.
Nick Art is offline  
Old May 7, 19, 4:27 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,682
So you are recommending a caviar run to someone who is not really a fan of mileage runs?

I don’t think she posted the amount of caviar in the list of other nice things one could purchase instead of a HON run, but I would guess that most would agree that paying a 2,000 CHF to eat caviar at 30,000 ft is rather over the top...
JohnRain and moreaki like this.
MichielR is online now  
Old May 7, 19, 4:55 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 811
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
So you are recommending a caviar run to someone who is not really a fan of mileage runs?

I donít think she posted the amount of caviar in the list of other nice things one could purchase instead of a HON run, but I would guess that most would agree that paying a 2,000 CHF to eat caviar at 30,000 ft is rather over the top...
. Thank you MichielR.

I'll take the 2,000 CHF and enjoy caviar amongst a host of other fine dining at Scott's in Mayfair. Curious thing, eating in a restaurant. The legroom is perfect, for some reason it doesn't feel like I'm flying (perhaps cabin pressurization in the restaurant is set to a super low setting???), there's no security, I don't need to cover my ears to protect my hearing.

I would consider an HON run if I was around 20k-25k miles short, but with currently booked travel I'm on track to make it in July anyways.
sophialite is online now  
Old May 7, 19, 5:04 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 811
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Outsch.

I'm currently looking at the Italy Partner special for which if you book for two you can get to JFK in F for 3700.- CHF per Person. Dates I'm looking at are between 29th and 3rd June with a stay of 7 or 8 nights.
If you really want to fly during the caviar tasting you could try and book such a partner special flight as well. To some destinations they are as low as 2200.- CHF. p.P.
As an aside, I am looking to go to JFK for two people in December, but I can't seem for the life of me to find these fares. The best I'm getting on LH.com is 6500EUR total. Good, but not great.

Edit: Never mind. Reread your post. 3700 per person isn't enough to move me on this deal. I do have to go to India in February and I got 2 tix for 4k USD total in F, which was a really really good deal ex London.
sophialite is online now  
Old May 7, 19, 7:01 am
  #9  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,464
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
So you are recommending a caviar run to someone who is not really a fan of mileage runs?

I don’t think she posted the amount of caviar in the list of other nice things one could purchase instead of a HON run, but I would guess that most would agree that paying a 2,000 CHF to eat caviar at 30,000 ft is rather over the top...




Well, the main point (for me at least) was a week of vacation/work in New York, with the side benefit of flying a nice F fare with a nice mileage yield and enjoying the caviar tasting! To bad that my companion just had something come into the way of our travel plans today and had to forfeit

Well not exactly, but I don't know, I thought I'd mention the partner sale in the case she was in need of traveling in those dates or others and wasn't aware of it. Maybe she changed her mind or a new trip in that period came up over night? No harm intended!

Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
. Thank you MichielR.

I'll take the 2,000 CHF and enjoy caviar amongst a host of other fine dining at Scott's in Mayfair. Curious thing, eating in a restaurant. The legroom is perfect, for some reason it doesn't feel like I'm flying (perhaps cabin pressurization in the restaurant is set to a super low setting???), there's no security, I don't need to cover my ears to protect my hearing.

I would consider an HON run if I was around 20k-25k miles short, but with currently booked travel I'm on track to make it in July anyways.
I'm still waiting for the day when you join me on a CMN or TBS mileage run It's only 1k £ so you could still buy some caviar with the remaining 1k £ or enjoy a nice dinner at Scott's!
Raul_R likes this.

Last edited by Nick Art; May 7, 19 at 7:08 am
Nick Art is offline  
Old May 7, 19, 9:16 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 811
I'm still waiting for the day when you join me on a CMN or TBS mileage run It's only 1k £ so you could still buy some caviar with the remaining 1k £ or enjoy a nice dinner at Scott's!
I did just drop $2k on a skirt from Valentino, so that leaves me with exactly not enough money to do a $2k or even $1.3k mileage run (considering the fact that both come out of my discretionary budget).
Unionruler likes this.
sophialite is online now  
Old May 7, 19, 11:09 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,642
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
I did just drop $2k on a skirt from Valentino, so that leaves me with exactly not enough money to do a $2k or even $1.3k mileage run (considering the fact that both come out of my discretionary budget).
why do I have doubts that you had joined that trip if you had not bought that dress?
daumueller is offline  
Old May 8, 19, 4:14 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CH
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 626
damned, I am flying TATL on LX on the 23 May, but in C. Does anyone know what product they will be serving? Usually airlines buy the cheapest products which are only worth a few $ in the plate. But, if I remember correctly, LX had recently served the caviar extracted from fish by biopsy which is quite exclusive.
Nic33 is offline  
Old May 8, 19, 7:46 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,682
Just look at last yearís caviar in this post.
MichielR is online now  
Old May 9, 19, 5:14 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CH
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 626
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
Just look at last yearís caviar in this post.
That was excellent caviar indeed. Among others the caviar extracted by biopsy.
Nic33 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread