Zurich connection advice re: lounges

Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Zurich connection advice re: lounges

I recently booked with Swiss for an upcoming trip to Dubrovnik. We'll be flying ORD-ZRH in Swiss business and then connecting onto DBV on Croatia Airlines. With 4 hours to connect and business class tickets for both segments, what's the best lounge strategy for a shower, some food, some natural light to reset the body clock, and a bloody mary or two to celebrate my 40th birthday? Does the Arrivals Lounge offer anything better than the standard business lounges? I understand that my Dubrovnik flight will leave from the D gates as it is short-haul non-Schengen and there's a business lounge in that part of the terminal. Is it possible to access the E gates with a Croatia boarding pass? That lounge appears beautiful and the thought of getting some sunlight on the terrace is very appealing. Even if it possible, is that worth the time and potential hassle? I've never flown Swiss or connected in Zurich so any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: LX SEN
To my view, the arrival lounge has better food offering than a standard business lounge. It looks like Croatia C entitles you to access the ZRH business lounges (https://www.croatiaairlines.com/Trav...Business-Clas/). D gates have a business lounge. To access the E lounge (definitely better than the lounges in D and probably better furnished than the arrival lounge), just remain in the E gates upon arrival and look (or ask) for the business lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: LXFF
With 4 hours I would definitely go to the arrival lounge. Much more relaxed atmosphere and a much higher chance of not waiting for a shower.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
We shall arrive at ZRH on Qatar Airways in the early morning and shall connect onto Swiss in Business Class from ZRH - VLC (Valencia, Spain). We shall have printed out our boarding passes online. Can anyone advise us which Swiss lounge to go to? We presume we can stay in transit throughout without having to go landside to checkin for the Swiss flight.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
You shall find all the info you need on Zurich lounges in the Q&A master thread
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:22 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
BlueEgg: I'm not sure Qatar will through check your luggage onto LX on a seperate ticket...
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Many thanks, everyone. We shall travel with hand luggage only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.