Swiss European Business Class

Old Apr 1, 19, 3:43 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 7,646
Originally Posted by Kleffen View Post
Hi,

just to confirm, do LX serve champagne in their J cabin on Copenhagen - Zurich ?

I have that flight coming soon, and on their page they have an option of buying an entire bottle. Was planning on doing that, but maybe not if they actually serve it anyway...
Yes, thankfully they do, even on the shortest flights like ZRH - MUC

If its a special occasion just let the MdC know when your boarding
chris63 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:18 am
  #32  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post

As for OP: I will fly from ZRH on 18th Apr. and could guest you to the Sen lounge in the morning if you are around then.
Hi Nick Art,

Thank you for your kindly invitation. Unfortunately I will be in ZRH on 15.04 and 24.04.

But again , big thank you!!

Regards
raiders30 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 12:36 pm
  #33  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 10,714
I miss the years when Crossair existed, when you got champagne in Economy. I remember outstanding hot meal service and endless champagne on a Saab 2000 between ZRH and EDI.
Concerto is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 12:57 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Posts: 4,902
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I miss the years when Crossair existed, when you got champagne in Economy. I remember outstanding hot meal service and endless champagne on a Saab 2000 between ZRH and EDI.
+1

I remember well the Bcn-Basel-Budapest, cheap tickets, all Biz class service and almost empty flights, loved it!
Actually it lasted too long from an airline business perspective
more4less is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 2:27 pm
  #35  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G
Posts: 2,645
Originally Posted by raiders30 View Post
Hi Nick Art,

Thank you for your kindly invitation. Unfortunately I will be in ZRH on 15.04 and 24.04.

But again , big thank you!!

Regards
Ah, we will miss each other only by a few days! I still hope you will be able to enjoy the ZRH lounges
Nick Art is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 4:11 pm
  #36  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Ah, we will miss each other only by a few days! I still hope you will be able to enjoy the ZRH lounges
Yep

Thanks anyway
raiders30 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 19, 8:43 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: AUS
Programs: QANTAS, Oneworld
Posts: 84
Lisbon to Zurich in Business

We fly Swiss from Lisbon to Zurich yesterday. The service was good and the champagne was very nice. Legroom was better than Y but not expansive. The crew were lavish with chocolate handouts. The flight was late incoming, but otherwise the duration was as advertised.
worldclubber likes this.
RealityBites is offline  
Old Apr 8, 19, 1:59 pm
  #38  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by RealityBites View Post
We fly Swiss from Lisbon to Zurich yesterday. The service was good and the champagne was very nice. Legroom was better than Y but not expansive. The crew were lavish with chocolate handouts. The flight was late incoming, but otherwise the duration was as advertised.
Good to hear that
I'm happy that you had great trip
raiders30 is offline  
Old Apr 8, 19, 11:01 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 7,646
Originally Posted by RealityBites View Post
We fly Swiss from Lisbon to Zurich yesterday. The service was good and the champagne was very nice. Legroom was better than Y but not expansive. The crew were lavish with chocolate handouts. The flight was late incoming, but otherwise the duration was as advertised.
LIS is one of the better routes Intra EU on LX & LH they look at what the competition caters & try to match
chris63 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 19, 4:43 am
  #40  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 70
OK As I promised that on 15.04.2019 Will give a update so:
-In MUC there no possibility to buy-in to Senator lounge when you fly SWISS. It must be a LH flight
- in ZRH there is no possibility to buy-in totally.
-A Lounge is terrible, overcrowded and no to much food options, I am really disappointed
For the place you must be patient and search like "eagle victim"....tragedy....
-2 hours of delay and additional they started boarding without any priority and then we waited 20 minutes before bus will come of course all passengers to one bus without any additional bus for business class. Then we waited next 20 minutes in bus for plane preparation.
-in plus -all service on board. This was perfect and excellent especially FA for Business Class. Women which was form France we spoke a little bit regarding services in Business Class between LH City Line, Swiss and LOT. She was very nice and simpatic. Travel was excellent but ZRH airport services tragically.

Last edited by raiders30; Apr 16, 19 at 3:52 am
raiders30 is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 10:54 am
  #41  
SPG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Posts: 127
Originally Posted by raiders30 View Post
- in ZRH there is no possibility to buy-in totally.
-A Lounge is terrible, overcrowded and no to much food options, I am really disappointed
For the place you must be patient and search like "eagle victim"....tragedy....
Totally agree, experiencing the same currently, although after 30 minutes the lounge emptied quickly and now I even found a TV-place (where are the remotes, btw?).
Also, what is up with the floor in the dining area? it's shaking as if an A380 is landing next to you when someone just walks by - on the other side of the lounge...

Originally Posted by raiders30 View Post
-2 hours of delay and additional they started boarding without any priority and then we waited 20 minutes before bus will come of course all passengers to one bus without any additional bus for business class. Then we waited next 20 minutes in bus for plane preparation.
That surprises me, since I really like ZRH airport and I always had a business class bus. Maybe I was just lucky?
lightwalker is offline  
Old Apr 18, 19, 4:01 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 3,084

Originally Posted by lightwalker View Post
Totally agree, experiencing the same currently, although after 30 minutes the lounge emptied quickly and now I even found a TV-place (where are the remotes, btw?).
Also, what is up with the floor in the dining area? it's shaking as if an A380 is landing next to you when someone just walks by - on the other side of the lounge...


That surprises me, since I really like ZRH airport and I always had a business class bus. Maybe I was just lucky?
business Bus is arrival only.
daumueller is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 5:45 am
  #43  
SPG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Posts: 127
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post



business Bus is arrival only.
Right, I forgot about that.
lightwalker is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 3:46 pm
  #44  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post



business Bus is arrival only.

Really?
So LOT Polish Airlines in WAW has better solution because doesn't matter if this is arrival or departure if there is stand-alone place then Business bus is always coming.
raiders30 is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 6:14 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA, France
Programs: LH HON****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Posts: 720
Originally Posted by raiders30 View Post
Really?
So LOT Polish Airlines in WAW has better solution because doesn't matter if this is arrival or departure if there is stand-alone place then Business bus is always coming.
Yes, really. LX is not LOT and ZRH is not WAW.
athome is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread