Swiss European Business Class

Old Mar 29, 19, 9:23 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 9,124
Originally Posted by raiders30
Hi Chris63,

Unfortunatelly I didn't had any opportunity to fly OS yet, but yes after my trip I will for sure summarize and tell if something will be change in ranking regarding LX

No problem
Enjoy your flights & especially the ZRH E lounge
chris63 is online now  
Old Mar 29, 19, 9:59 pm
  #17  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by chris63


Enjoy your flights & especially the ZRH E lounge
Thank you very much as I wrote, I can't wait for it hehehehe
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 2:40 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 4,986
Originally Posted by chris63
LX E FCL is still fantastic & yes, you did take photos during our time in E FCL, nice lunch !
Have taken so many photos on/from the ZRH E patio since it opened, it never gets old.

Still one of my favorite views from a lounge worldwide.

chris63 likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 6:01 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SIN (with a bit of ZRH sprinkled in)
Posts: 9,249
Just a few comments:

On a cold/rainy day, the E lounge balcony is closed. That accounts for at least 50% of all days in ZRH

When the balcony is closed, the lounge is still nice, but not that great anymore (it's lacking the SEN whisky bar, after all )

Food-wise, it can be OK or "quite meh", depending on daily offers. Not worse than various SEN lounges elsewhere, in fact probably better, but they're holding the bar pretty low for that.

Not really great choice of drinks, but again, depends what's your bar.

It can be very crowded just before boarding of the many simultaniously departing LX flights (especially around lunch/late evening)

Shower wait time can be very long (experienced up to 2hrs!)

Last but not least, you've to pass through immigration (which can be fast, if the automatic gates are working, or tiresome slow if not and staff isn't properly available) to and from the E gates when connecting within Schengen, so heading to E gates on less than 2hrs layover in ZRH is generally not really a good idea.
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 7:09 am
  #20  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Just a few comments:

On a cold/rainy day, the E lounge balcony is closed. That accounts for at least 50% of all days in ZRH

When the balcony is closed, the lounge is still nice, but not that great anymore (it's lacking the SEN whisky bar, after all )

Food-wise, it can be OK or "quite meh", depending on daily offers. Not worse than various SEN lounges elsewhere, in fact probably better, but they're holding the bar pretty low for that.

Not really great choice of drinks, but again, depends what's your bar.

It can be very crowded just before boarding of the many simultaniously departing LX flights (especially around lunch/late evening)

Shower wait time can be very long (experienced up to 2hrs!)

Last but not least, you've to pass through immigration (which can be fast, if the automatic gates are working, or tiresome slow if not and staff isn't properly available) to and from the E gates when connecting within Schengen, so heading to E gates on less than 2hrs layover in ZRH is generally not really a good idea.
Hi,

I have question: if I am flying from MUC to GDN in ZRH to go to Terminal E lounge I must pass again immigration? Is E terminal non-schengen? Because I thought that from plane I will be already in E terminal......
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 3:04 pm
  #21  
TPJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Posts: 7,612
Originally Posted by raiders30
Hi,

I have question: if I am flying from MUC to GDN in ZRH to go to Terminal E lounge I must pass again immigration? Is E terminal non-schengen? Because I thought that from plane I will be already in E terminal......
Yes - twice (to go and go back).

I do not believe your GDN flight will depart from E gates. I do not think there are any Schengen gates there (and MUC/ZRH/GDN are all in Schengen).

Even during the peak times I had no issue to find room in A SEN upstairs area (no meals permitted there, though). I would not bother to go to E.
TPJ is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 5:13 pm
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by TPJ
Yes - twice (to go and go back).

I do not believe your GDN flight will depart from E gates. I do not think there are any Schengen gates there (and MUC/ZRH/GDN are all in Schengen).

Even during the peak times I had no issue to find room in A SEN upstairs area (no meals permitted there, though). I would not bother to go to E.
Awwww that's I am disappointed I thought that terminal E is Schengen

That really bad, I will not have lot of time then to go there

So Schengen terminal is A? Am I correct?
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 5:19 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SIN (with a bit of ZRH sprinkled in)
Posts: 9,249
Originally Posted by raiders30
Awwww that's I am disappointed I thought that terminal E is Schengen

That really bad, I will not have lot of time then to go there

So Schengen terminal is A? Am I correct?
Schengen is A and B. All bus gates are from A.

Non Schengen is D (mostly short/mid haul) and E (mostly mid and long haul)
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 5:36 pm
  #24  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Schengen is A and B. All bus gates are from A.

Non Schengen is D (mostly short/mid haul) and E (mostly mid and long haul)

Hi Thanks you for information...... ok I will try to use some of Schengen lounges but I am really disappointed :/
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 31, 19, 12:40 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 4,986
Originally Posted by raiders30
Hi Thanks you for information...... ok I will try to use some of Schengen lounges but I am really disappointed :/
You said you have 3 hours. I always go to the E lounge, when I have 2 hours or more, particularly on a nice day when the patio is open. Even on Schengen to Schengen or Schengen to UK connections. No problem.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 31, 19, 6:21 am
  #26  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by worldclubber


You said you have 3 hours. I always go to the E lounge, when I have 2 hours or more, particularly on a nice day when the patio is open. Even on Schengen to Schengen or Schengen to UK connections. No problem.
Yeah I will have on back leg to MUC .

ok maybe then I will go there, thank you very much for advise my friend

Regards
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 31, 19, 7:49 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 4,986
Originally Posted by raiders30
Yeah I will have on back leg to MUC .

ok maybe then I will go there, thank you very much for advise my friend

Regards
You are very welcome.

Except for when a wave of intercontinental flights arrives at E, I leave the lounge in E about 18 minutes before scheduled boarding the time in A. Have done it literally dozens of times and never missed my plane. (but, admittedly, missed priority boarding more often than not)
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 31, 19, 9:56 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bergen - Norway
Programs: EBD , FBG
Posts: 505
Hi,

just to confirm, do LX serve champagne in their J cabin on Copenhagen - Zurich ?

I have that flight coming soon, and on their page they have an option of buying an entire bottle. Was planning on doing that, but maybe not if they actually serve it anyway...
Kleffen is offline  
Old Mar 31, 19, 11:07 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 4,986
Originally Posted by Kleffen
Hi,

just to confirm, do LX serve champagne in their J cabin on Copenhagen - Zurich ?

I have that flight coming soon, and on their page they have an option of buying an entire bottle. Was planning on doing that, but maybe not if they actually serve it anyway...
Yes they do!
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 31, 19, 3:50 pm
  #30  
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: CPH & ZRH
Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,855
Im happy Champagne is still available on LX, although I miss the service when you got a pre departure champagne or orange juice served after boarding... Must have been years since I last had that. Im not sure if Edelweiss maybe still do it.
In conclusion its still better than the pathetic Sekt they serve on LH...

As for OP: I will fly from ZRH on 18th Apr. and could guest you to the Sen lounge in the morning if you are around then.
Nick Art is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread