SWISS First Welcome Service

Old Mar 18, 19, 2:13 am
Original Poster

SWISS First Welcome Service

https://www.swiss.com/hk/en/fly/airp...elcome-service

I would like to know if I am flying first and upon arrival, could I bring a companion with me to use this service even if she isn't travelling First class?
Old Mar 18, 19, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
From Post 8 on this thread it would appear not:
Welcome service in F at arrival in ZRH
Old Mar 18, 19, 3:40 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by rogerli View Post
https://www.swiss.com/hk/en/fly/airp...elcome-service

I would like to know if I am flying first and upon arrival, could I bring a companion with me to use this service even if she isn't travelling First class?
No, itís for F pax only, not even offered to HON in J.
Old Mar 18, 19, 4:38 am

Programs: LH HON
All replies above are correct. This was confirmed for me when the nail clipper adjacent to me in F tried to get his wife in J on the van/bus and was turned down. He got some brownie points for not completely ditching her.
Old Mar 18, 19, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. But I can bring a guest to the Swiss First lounge per star alliance rule ??
Old Mar 18, 19, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
All replies above are correct. This was confirmed for me when the nail clipper adjacent to me in F tried to get his wife in J on the van/bus and was turned down. He got some brownie points for not completely ditching her.
By "not completely" does that mean that she ran behind the van?
chris63 and bawm like this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:46 am

Thank you everyone. But I can bring a guest to the Swiss First lounge per star alliance rule ??
Yes, guest arriving on LX on the same flight as F pax
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:56 am

And you know all of this for fact or your just making assumptions ?

Maybe there was one F seat available & pax in Fís other half has Zero interest in Alcohol or Food onboard & merely wantís a flat bed in J to sleep so has volunteered or even insisted that She stay in J...... how could you possibly know ?

Neither would be likely to know how strict LX are on the new F arrival service either
Old Mar 18, 19, 2:21 pm

I know this because there weíre literally two other seats free in F. And I overheard the MdC asking him what arrival service he would require on landing, and him asking if his wife in J can partake in the private transport. The answer was no.

Funny thing was that when we were all checking in with the agent at the gate, and the agent was confused why one fewer F passenger would be in the van, the MdC gave the update. And another F passenger spoke out about how puzzled she was that he also didnít give his seat.

Maybe this is a female thing? If you canít afford to fly your spouse in the same cabin, and youíre not willing to voluntarily give him or her your seat in the higher cabin, then you simply canít afford to sit in that cabin. Itís like when people eat at a nice restaurant and donít give a tip because they didnít budget for it. If they canít afford to give the customary tip then they canít afford to eat there in the first place.

But maybe just a cultural thing. I was humored either way. More disgusted at the realization that some random dudeís nail clippings will likely be in that plane until the next D check.
Old Mar 18, 19, 3:31 pm

It’s like when people eat at a nice restaurant and don’t give a tip because they didn’t budget for it. If they can’t afford to give the customary tip then they can’t afford to eat there in the first place.

But maybe just a cultural thing.
Yes, it's very much a cultural thing.

Reminds me of the times I witnessed (US-)Americans trying to tip lounge staff in Europe/Asia, or trying to give a tip in several Asian countries where it's a clear no-go.

It's entirely possible it was his Birthday, or they decided that one will fly in F each way, or that he was op-up'ed and she wasn't (and she didn't wanted to swap seats) due to being on two PNRs, or even SHE having had two evouchers and giving HIM a nice treat.

Welcome to the 21st century, where women aren't slaves of men anymore!
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 3:33 pm

Emphasis on the word ďcustomary.Ē Iím well aware that tipping is not expected in some countries.
Old Mar 18, 19, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Yes, it's very much a cultural thing.

Reminds me of the times I witnessed (US-)Americans trying to tip lounge staff in Europe/Asia, or trying to give a tip in several Asian countries where it's a clear no-go.

It's entirely possible it was his Birthday, or they decided that one will fly in F each way, or that he was op-up'ed and she wasn't (and she didn't wanted to swap seats) due to being on two PNRs, or even SHE having had two evouchers and giving HIM a nice treat.

Welcome to the 21st century, where women aren't slaves of men anymore!
There were other aspects leading me to believe that none of this was the case, but donít really want to go into too many details here.

Old Mar 18, 19, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

My other guest question is whether the Swiss First A lounge will also chauffeur my companion with me to the First E lounge?
Old Mar 18, 19, 10:35 pm

My other guest question is whether the Swiss First A lounge will also chauffeur my companion with me to the First E lounge?
You can have one guest with you on the same flight & there are regular mini bus shuttles from A FCL to E FCL & they will drive you both.

If you explained your routing it would would be easier to assist.

Asuming from your first post your arriving in F thatís likely to be at E gates, so you could just go via transfer security to the E F lounge together, otherwise why go separately to A & then back together to E lounge ?
Old Mar 19, 19, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you. The lounge question is for my return flight. The first question is my outbound.

Search this Thread