Planning ahead for IRROPS

Old Feb 27, 19, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, UA Silver, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle, NEXUS/GE
Planning ahead for IRROPS

LX146 (ZRH-DEL) got cancelled today. I’ve tried checking in ExpertFlyer for a reason and it doesn’t say exactly why ("ENTRY NOT VALID THIS HOST"). However I’m guessing it has to do with the ongoing closure of Pakistani airspace, which surprises me somewhat given that other European airlines are still flying to Delhi.

I’m on this flight tomorrow. (Flying from LCY first.) If my guess as to the reason is right, then I estimate that this has a good chance of being cancelled tomorrow, too.

I’ve never flown LX before, but I’m trying to be prepared in case of IRROPS here. Mostly, I want to know what I am entitled to in case of a dispute with LX. Can I insist that they fly me on another airline to DEL, and in First Class as I booked that?

Last edited by PeaSouper; Feb 28, 19 at 12:57 am
Old Feb 28, 19, 1:13 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by PeaSouper View Post
LX146 (ZRH-DEL) got cancelled today. Iíve tried checking in ExpertFlyer for a reason and it doesnít say exactly why ("ENTRY NOT VALID THIS HOST"). However Iím guessing it has to do with the ongoing closure of Pakistani airspace, which surprises me somewhat given that other European airlines are still flying to Delhi.

Iím on this flight tomorrow. (Flying from LCY first.) If my guess as to the reason is right, then I estimate that this has a good chance of being cancelled tomorrow, too.

Iíve never flown LX before, but Iím trying to be prepared in case of IRROPS here. Mostly, I want to know what I am entitled to in case of a dispute with LX. Can I insist that they fly me on another airline to DEL, and in First Class as I booked that?
Most likely it had to do with the situation there, itís a very fluid one, Indian airspace has also had partial closures.
Also LX are far from flush with aircraft, so they will be sensitive to any similar situation.

Since your in F, they will do their best to accommodate you.

Search this Thread