Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick question re ZRH lounges ...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Quick question re ZRH lounges ...

Hi all. We fly LHR/ZRH on Friday lunchtime in J to connect to the evening ZRH/JNB in F. I’m assuming that on landing in ZRH we go to FCL at A? Then they will take us over to E by car? I’m really hoping one of the ‘hotel rooms’ will be free in the afternoon at E for a nap (I finished cancer treatment this week and get very tired!); if they are all taken, any ideas on a Plan B? Many thanks, 1K
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
You have the perfect plan already and I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

If there is no inconsiderate fellow flyer who takes a room for the whole day, you should be able to get one during this time. Plan B, to bridge some time, are probably the easy chairs in the lounge or the pretty comfy relax chairs at the very end of the Senator lounge, which give you a bit of privacy, too.

Good luck!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Just to add that in my experience, most passengers on the evening long haul bank will not arrive in the lounge until 90 Minutes before departure, so your chances will be quite good if you get there as early as you say.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR
Just to add that in my experience, most passengers on the evening long haul bank will not arrive in the lounge until 90 Minutes before departure, so your chances will be quite good if you get there as early as you say.
That‘s exactly what I meant by „if the is no inconsiderate...“. It has been reported that occasionally people take a room for the whole day after a morning arrival, even though the are heading into town.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

That‘s exactly what I meant by „if the is no inconsiderate...“. It has been reported that occasionally people take a room for the whole day after a morning arrival, even though the are heading into town.
Yes, that’s happened to me 😡

LX are at fault, no rules regarding length of stay ..... Only 2 dayrooms across 2 FCL’s .... given the number of F seats LX offer .... another LX F fail IMO
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, that’s happened to me 😡
I know, that’s why brought it up. Unfortunately, I don’t think LX will address the issue any time soon.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: LXFF
It's kind of hard to police the day rooms. I flew YUL-ZRH, then ZRH-NRT, about 6 hours bettween the flights and a good 3-4 hour sleep was very usefull! But I've rarely seen them full in the afternoon. From my experience they are mostly used in the morning for people ariving long haul. Sometimes the dayrooms are also used just to take a shower.

I wish you a good recovery! We have had cancer in the familly and it's no walk in the park.
Seat 1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.