Swiss First LHR->DAR - Q for anyone who knows LX well?

Old Feb 19, 19, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Swiss First LHR->DAR - Q for anyone who knows LX well?

Hi

I'm flying LHR->DAR next week with an overnight connection in ZUR.

We booked a First Class ticket but it is comprised of Business (LHR->ZUR) then First (ZUR->DAR).

On arrival in ZUR we really want to make use of the First Class Lounge. Does anyone know if we will be able to enter the First lounge as an arrival in ZUR, leave the airport for the night and then come back in the morning?

Will Swiss also check in our bags all the way so we don't need to collect them in ZUR?

First time flying Swiss in First so any tips gratefully appreciated!

Thank you

Seagull_rich
Old Feb 19, 19, 5:48 am

If you are on a connection less that 24 hours LX should check your luggage thru - that is at least my experience.

Also I believe you can use the F lounges only on the day of your flight (arrival or departure), so I believe the answer to your second question is no.
Old Feb 19, 19, 5:57 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, SPG Plat
No, unfortunately you cannot use the LX First Class Lounges upon your arrival in ZRH. You can use them them on the day of your flight: When you return to the airport use the dedicated entry with security checkpoint to get into the lounge in A and then use the transfer to E
Old Feb 19, 19, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Thank you both for your response.
@KP2006 - is this a recomdnation that the Lounge in A is better than E?

Always worth a try I know trying to get into a lounge but do you think we are pushing out luck too much?

For anyone else I've also uncovered they offer a free chauffeur service if you are connecting through ZUR on First - they don't really advertise this.
Old Feb 19, 19, 6:09 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by seagull_rich View Post

Always worth a try I know trying to get into a lounge but do you think we are pushing out luck too much?

For anyone else I've also uncovered they offer a free chauffeur service if you are connecting through ZUR on First - they don't really advertise this.
You should check in at the F check in at A which is right before the FCL A. Then use the shuttle from the FCL A to FCL E, which is nicer: more room, much better view.
Old Feb 19, 19, 8:34 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

The lounge in E is vastly superior to the A lounge, lots of reviews here in this forum

Highly doubt the lounge Dragons will let you in on arrival from a J flight connecting to F the next day but you could always ask.

Are you saying that overnight LX F tickets receive a complimentary chauffeur service to & from ZRH airport ?

You are aware that LX issued U.K. F paid tickets receive complimentary chauffeur service within a 50 mile radius of UK airports ?
Old Feb 19, 19, 9:49 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

Highly doubt the lounge Dragons will let you in on arrival from a J flight connecting to F the next day but you could always ask.
Same doubts as Chris63! Just want to add that if you get access denied at the lounge, you may head to the arrival lounge landside ( never been there though, can't tell you how it is ).
Old Feb 19, 19, 11:01 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Just to be clear, you wonít get First Class lounge access on arrival in Zurich. My advice is not to bother asking as not only will you need to go out of your way, but youíll be disappointed when youíre told no. Just go with the plan of enjoying the lounge for breakfast on the morning before your flight to NBO and DAR.
Have fun!
Old Feb 19, 19, 12:44 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
No you won’t. I would rather to enjoy the city rather than the first class lounge ... Go early the next morning and enjoy your champagne breakfast :-)
Old Feb 19, 19, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Artemio View Post
Same doubts as Chris63! Just want to add that if you get access denied at the lounge, you may head to the arrival lounge landside ( never been there though, can't tell you how it is ).
The arrival lounge closes early pm, so I doubt the OP would go there.
Old Feb 21, 19, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies.
Old Feb 21, 19, 3:13 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thank you all for the replies.
Welcome

Could you reply to the questions?
Old Feb 21, 19, 6:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
I agree with all the answers here but I still wanted to note, since it has not been mentioned here, that the airport code for Zurich is ZRH and not ZUR:
Old May 10, 19, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, I am flying the same route LHR-ZRH - (connecting overnight) - ZRH-DAR in F and don't have any *A status. Do I understand correctly that I am not entitled to the Senator lounge in LHR on day 1? Confusingly, Swiss ticket receipt says 'First - J' for the European leg and 'First - A' for the second one. The access policy states:
  1. You present a boarding pass in International First Class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight
  2. Your flight departs on the same day of your visit or latest by 05.00 AM next morning.
I wonder if I could use two different flights for these points : ZRH-DAR for 1 and LHR-ZRH for 2.

I have never been to LH or LX Senator lounges, so am naturally quite curious. Will definitely check out ZRH on the next morning.

Thanks for all your help!
Old May 10, 19, 11:23 pm

As you guessed, you wonít have SEN access at LHR, but thatís not really a big deal. The SEN lounge is just a separate section behind the C lounge that is often more crowded and is not significantly different in terms of F&B.

Your ZRH-DAR wonít get you into the LHR lounge the day before your flight.
alien43 likes this.

Search this Thread