Gold track in Zurich

Old Feb 10, 19, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Gold track in Zurich

I just noticed that Miles and More is advertising something called "Gold Track" for Zurich airport for departures and transfers. I must be blind. I have never seen this and go through ZRH frequently. Anybody have a clue about this???? How is it labeled? Does it cover arrivals too?
Old Feb 10, 19, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
It's just the Star Alliance-wide name for priority security lanes, which have been available at ZRH forever.
Old Feb 10, 19, 11:42 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Does not cover arrivals, only departure and transfer security. Has been introduced by *A to make the alliance seem more homogeneous. The introduction didnít cost much, as the priority lanes had been there at many airports anyway, as airoli already pointed out.
Old Feb 11, 19, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Well if this is just the "priority lane" , well marked at security, then this is no big deal. That's been there for a long time. When I saw the name "Gold track" I thought something new was being introduced.
Old Feb 11, 19, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer View Post
Well if this is just the "priority lane" , well marked at security, then this is no big deal. That's been there for a long time. When I saw the name "Gold track" I thought something new was being introduced.
Since 2015 Star Alliance Gold Track
Old Feb 11, 19, 4:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Where you expecting an actual golden track on which you would honorfully glide through security to the lounge and then to the aircraft? I can imagine it now...
Old Feb 11, 19, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Where you expecting an actual golden track on which you would honorfully glide through security to the lounge and then to the aircraft? I can imagine it now...
Would the restrooms in that fantasy have something like this?

Old Feb 12, 19, 3:01 am

Indeed
Old Feb 12, 19, 6:00 am

LOL

(no additional text)
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Actually what I was hoping for is a "Gold track" to speed through immigration. It is strange that the US lets Swiss nationals apply for Global Entry to speed through US immigration, but Switzerland has not granted reciprocal rights to US nationals similarly to speed through Swiss immigration.
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:07 am

Actually what I was hoping for is a "Gold track" to speed through immigration. It is strange that the US lets Swiss nationals apply for Global Entry to speed through US immigration, but Switzerland has not granted reciprocal rights to US nationals similarly to speed through Swiss immigration.
Thatís right. But then again, Swiss immigration at a bad time is usually still much faster than US immigration under any circumstances.
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:08 am

The reason for that may be that immigration at ZRH or GVA is always pretty fast already. I've never had to wait more than 1-2 minutes so far!
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:37 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Reason is that immigration in Switzerland never takes more than 5Ė10 minutes in busy times. 1-2 minutes otherwise. No point introducing special treatments under such circumstances...
mmff likes this.
Old Feb 12, 19, 2:00 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I live in ZRH so very frequent, I’d say 2-3 out of 10 times avg took 20-30 mins going thru immigration, never more than 45 mins ... rest could be as fast as 30 secs or maybe to 5 mins thru ...

Search this Thread