Something special is happening in Suisse romande

Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Something special is happening in Suisse romande

Just received this Email from Swiss entitled: "Something special is happening in Suisse romande"

Dear Mr Viennafly,
Who doesn't like surprises? SWISS is preparing something special just for you. French-speaking Switzerland will be more vibrant than ever this year, so join us on this adventure.
Discover a preview in pictures and register to be sure not to miss anything.

There is a link to a 30 sec video:

A countdown as well (the 'something special' will be revealed in 21 days).
Any Speculations? New routes from GVA? A second longhaul flight to the US or Asia? A new aircraft? A special event for LX status customers in the region?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
SWISS will be cheaper than easyJet and offer less service, maybe entering an arrangement with the orange, trash collecting giant. The countdown won't lead to anything nice, in my view. Not with an advert as dreadful as that.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I hear that they are painting a CS3 in special Romande colors. O, wait, they already did that.

So maybe they will introduce BoB catering. No, they already did that.

How about one weekly service to EZY destinations? Ok, done already but there are a few that arent served yet.

Extra-light fares, no bagage at all? Pay for handbagage and checked bags? 10 CHF discount for loading your own bag on the plane?

Anything else would really surprise me...
GBM.flights and YuropFlyer like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Maybe an increased YQ tax for french speaking Swiss.

Funny how Zurich advertisers view us: living in a postcard, riding a (brand new) bike with a helmet (like they do), but only downwards (the lady's house is on the lake front, but she nevertheless rides down only), and dressed like a Swiss German head of marketing department.

The two actors look like an UFO has landed in GVA. So I take it that Swiss will anounce the introduction of a new plane in GVA. I do not believe that Swiss wants to throw a party on the GVA runway for a special event for LX status customers. It could also be a new livery for certain GVA planes, but Swiss already tried that.

Weird, I did not get that email...
YuropFlyer and W126Pilot like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I also got the email as a lowly FTL.

Frankly - announcing something and then saying it will be revealed in 3 weeks annoys me majorly. Especially, since my expectations are really high considering it's news for the Romandie, which has been officially degraded to an EasyJet me-too anyway.
Or is this the complete strategic turnaround and they will wow us with distinguished flight experience incl. never seen value-adds ? After having realized that Aldi-Lidl in Germany struggles and customers seems to prefer a shopping experience rather than lowest prices ?

Anyway, not a lot I can read from the promo clip. Waste of money therefore... (let's see if this impression changes in 21 days...)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Separate brand for the low-cost-like offer out of GVA?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh wait, it will be no miles and qualifying segments from now on. The fares are too low and the service level is too high to justify them.

Glad to read the above posts and find that they match my own feelings about it all. I just can't be positive about it, certainly not with that twit in charge of things at Geneva. But, as usual, I am prepared to be surprised and proved wrong.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: LH*S
This has got "eurowings" written all over it...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by pedrin
This has got "eurowings" written all over it...
LX for sure has paid a fortune for a 'creative' name, such as SWISSWINGS, GENEVAWINGS et al.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Nic33
Funny how Zurich advertisers view us: living in a postcard, riding a (brand new) bike with a helmet (like they do), but only downwards (the lady's house is on the lake front, but she nevertheless rides down only), and dressed like a Swiss German head of marketing department.
You should try being from Ticino
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by malmostoso
The ad agency's idea of that:

GBM.flights and malmostoso like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Viennafly
LX for sure has paid a fortune for a 'creative' name, such as SWISSWINGS, GENEVAWINGS et al.
...probably created by Tyler Brl, earning him a few million francs in the process.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Viennafly
Surely it will be EASYSWISS at GVA ?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by chris63

Surely it will be EASYSWISS at GVA ?
No - it needs to be romand, so they will just call it "Suisse"
And they will hike the surcharge, because taxes are higher in the Romandie.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by malmostoso
You bet! They will put up an add as suggested by Airoli, even though German is the official language in the restaurants in Locarno and elsewhere...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.