Something special is happening in Suisse romande

Reply

Old Jan 22, 19, 7:58 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: GVA
Programs: A3 *G, LX *S
Posts: 195
There you go

If you look at the timer on the website, the reveal will be on Feb 4 @ 11.52 am (if my math skills still work).
Odd timing...
Carpacchio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:53 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GVA, BSL, ZRH
Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Posts: 378
Originally Posted by Carpacchio View Post
the reveal will be on Feb 4 @ 11.52 am (if my math skills still work).
Odd timing...
Those are typically carnaval schedules

So, let's guess then. Swiss will open the Geneva Rio route.
Artemio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 8:02 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: GVA-SIN-CDG
Programs: LX/LH, AF/KL
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by Artemio View Post
Those are typically carnaval schedules

So, let's guess then. Swiss will open the Geneva Rio route.
no chances... they don't even fly GIG with own metal from Zurich. They prefer to send the insipid Edelweiss... which means i cheated and flew AF on my 2 trips there last year.
milesfixed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 1:47 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Geneva
Posts: 2
They'll reveal a special livery for the Fête des Vignerons.
phofmannsair is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 19, 12:08 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: GVA
Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Posts: 1,773
They're opening an agency in Saint-Saphorin?
W126Pilot likes this.
catandmouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 19, 5:05 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LH Senator ** (ex SR TC G), Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Posts: 1,710
Originally Posted by milesfixed View Post
no chances... they don't even fly GIG with own metal from Zurich. They prefer to send the insipid Edelweiss... which means i cheated and flew AF on my 2 trips there last year.
Fantastic LH 747 flying to GIG, enjoy C on upper deck. I also avoid Edelweiss like the pest.
behuman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 10:56 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland; South Korea
Programs: GP Diamond
Posts: 228
Special livery "Fête des Vignerons"


https://swiss.newsmarket.com/english...3-f5e428e790ae
benji2227 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 11:58 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: GVA
Programs: A3 *G, LX *S
Posts: 195
Correct, and I received it by email - but the counter on the website still says that something will be revealed in 3 days and 15 hours !
What is it ???

Or are they just poorly linked (which wouldn't surprise me either)
Carpacchio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 11:58 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,643
Thanks
Originally Posted by benji2227 View Post
Special livery "Fête des Vignerons"


https://swiss.newsmarket.com/english...3-f5e428e790ae
Ouch, that is so ugly that I am glad that the Fete des vignerons is not an annual event...
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
MichielR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 2:03 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Posts: 2,874
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
Ouch, that is so ugly that I am glad that the Fete des vignerons is not an annual event...


Like a bad mixture of the former "Heidi jumbolino" and one of the QF "dreaming" liveries.
MichielR likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 9:07 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,504
Originally Posted by Carpacchio View Post
Correct, and I received it by email - but the counter on the website still says that something will be revealed in 3 days and 15 hours !
What is it ???

Or are they just poorly linked (which wouldn't surprise me either)
It’s probably 4th February already, somewhere out in space ,where the design seems to have originated
chris63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 9:23 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,504
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post


Like a bad mixture of the former "Heidi jumbolino" and one of the QF "dreaming" liveries.
You see better Graffiti than that ..... don’t tell me they paid cash for it ?
chris63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 19, 7:04 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Posts: 2,874
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
You see better Graffiti than that ..... don’t tell me they paid cash for it ?
I don’t know, hope not.
chris63 likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 19, 6:56 am
  #44  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GVA
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 471
Dear Mr Viennafly,You recently registered on avion-swiss.ch to follow SWISS's adventures in French-speaking Switzerland.
Now is the time to unveil the first of many surprises. We have been preparing this for months, and can’t wait to share it with you.
Curious to find out what we have in store for you? Join us on a visual journey and help shape the next episodes of the story.

.... so let's see what other surprises there will be in the future ...
maybe LX will serve Tarte raisinée as desert in C on the GVA-JFK flights in March
or all lavatory doors on the B777 will be painted in the same ugly graffiti than the CS300
chris63 likes this.
Viennafly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 19, 10:51 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GVA,OPO
Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Posts: 1,772
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
I hear that they are painting a CS3 in special Romande colors. O, wait, they already did that.
So it appears a new silly painting is still seen as avant-garde marketing deserving a video, news release, etc...
GBM.flights is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread