FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Lounge Access in DAR and ZRH (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1949203-lounge-access-dar-zrh.html)

flying chef Jan 4, 2019 3:18 pm

Lounge Access in DAR and ZRH

Flying DAR-ZRH-YYZ in business class. I assume I have lounge access at both. Any insight/recommendations on the lounges in both airports?

Thanks in advance

daumueller Jan 5, 2019 4:14 am

Choices in DAR are limited to one lounge (forgot the name)

in ZRH, stay in the E dock (you’ll most probably arrive and depart from there) and head to the Swiss business lounge (assuming you are not *G).

wfiring12 Jan 5, 2019 8:39 am

I just did this routing last week in F. In DAR, it's the Tanzanite lounge which is the only option for all of the airlines offering J or F. You actually take stairs DOWN from the main gate level to a basement level room. To be sure, it's not a great experience by any means but it's still far superior to spending any length of time waiting in the gate area.

flying chef Jan 5, 2019 5:53 pm

What was available in the lounge ?

LHSEN Jan 5, 2019 8:45 pm

I was there 9 months or so ago ... The usual food and alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, and also WiFi. But as mentioned already nothing to write home about. I can get crowded also ...

chris63 Jan 6, 2019 2:43 am

Originally Posted by wfiring12 (Post 30613540)
I just did this routing last week in F. In DAR, it's the Tanzanite lounge which is the only option for all of the airlines offering J or F. You actually take stairs DOWN from the main gate level to a basement level room. To be sure, it's not a great experience by any means but it's still far superior to spending any length of time waiting in the gate area.

Its an amazing lounge, like something out of Africa from 1950 :D

chris63 Jan 6, 2019 2:45 am

Originally Posted by flying chef (Post 30615477)

Since your a Chef, take your own food ;)

You should be safe with the Booze , without Ice.

wfiring12 Jan 6, 2019 5:48 am

Originally Posted by flying chef (Post 30615477)

Given my 23hr departure last week, I didn't bother with any food or dink. That said, there seemed to be hot samosa's and a variety or other hot/cold items. Probably more functional if you are actually hungry but I wouldn't plan on anything you may otherwise see in a lounge buffet spread. (Except perhaps the lounge LH utilizes in PRG which was one of the worst offerings I've ever seen in a J lounge.) I will say that the staff were incredibly attentive and friendly at the DAR lounge.

Other than food/drink, there were a few large TVS, very dated but soft lounge chairs and a decent amount of charging stations. I'm not sure about shower facilities.

chris63 Jan 6, 2019 6:24 am

Originally Posted by wfiring12 (Post 30616966)
perhaps the lounge LH utilizes in PRG which was one of the worst offerings I've ever seen in a J lounge.

Really ? You haven’t been to Manchester, UK :D

PRG lounge is quite in keeping with Prague, Draught Beer, Half decent Wine, Chicken & Pork Schnitzel, a Soup, lots of worse lounges out there in EU than PRG.

Back on topic, Yes, the Lounge Staff in DAR are very pleasant.

wfiring12 Jan 6, 2019 7:00 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 30617037)

PRG lounge is quite in keeping with Prague, Draught Beer, Half decent Wine, Chicken & Pork Schnitzel, a Soup, lots of worse lounges out there in EU than PRG.

Perhaps it was the time of day for me - 8:30 AM - other than a few slices of cold cuts - no pastry, no yogurt, no fruit. Not a big deal, as the catering options around the boarding gates was quite decent so I didn't go hungry! :-).