Swiss cancelled my flight.. and is refusing to compensate me

Old Aug 2, 19, 9:50 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I called a few days ago and told them that all my e-mails are being unanswered. They said they will follow up. Still no sign of the money in my account. I continue to believe they are stonewalling me, whether it's e-mail or phone, although I can give them another couple of weeks and see what happens until I call again. Given the experience of others in this thread, including the new report from @TheHak I suspect they will give me the run-around to avoid paying until I take action. Very unprofessional and dishonest.
Thanks for the update, that is really unacceptable, in fairness to LH they pay up within days of saying they are going to.

Keep us posted & hope you get what your owed really soon.
Old Aug 5, 19, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Interesting article in the "20 Minutes" French version about not payment of 261

Vol retardé: ça vautla peine de réclamer
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:55 am
Hyatt 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; Marriott AMB; Hyatt Glob; Accor Dia; GHA Black; SLH Ind
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY View Post
Interesting article in the "20 Minutes" French version about not payment of 261

Vol retardé: ça vautla peine de réclamer
Thanks for the link ^

This is exactly aligned with the suggestion from @linglingfool in post #33 of this thread
Old Sep 14, 19, 5:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; Marriott AMB; Hyatt Glob; Accor Dia; GHA Black; SLH Ind
Quick update. Swiss has (unsurprisingly) continued to ignore me so I have filed a complaint with the Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA), filled out all required forms along with proof of the email conversation with Swiss.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 19, 5:01 am

Programs: M&M HON**
My experience is that Swiss answers EC 261 requests very quickly and politely but refusing the statutory compensation (or only offering a partial amount by way of a voucher) as a matter of principle. They argue with extraordinary circumstances which, however they refuse to specify and say they will provide details only in court. So I end up suing them via Fairplane or the like.

In my view they must have taken a decision at the management level that it comes out cheaper for them to undergo a handful of lawsuits rather than paying on first demand.

This procedure is regardless of status and class. Just experienced this when traveling as SEN in F.
Old Sep 15, 19, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by gru_muc View Post
My experience is that Swiss answers EC 261 requests very quickly and politely but refusing the statutory compensation (or only offering a partial amount by way of a voucher) as a matter of principle. They argue with extraordinary circumstances which, however they refuse to specify and say they will provide details only in court. So I end up suing them via Fairplane or the like.

In my view they must have taken a decision at the management level that it comes out cheaper for them to undergo a handful of lawsuits rather than paying on first demand.

This procedure is regardless of status and class. Just experienced this when traveling as SEN in F.
Interesting. Thanks for the feedback, I will investigate Fairplane which I have never heard of before.

In my situation not only they said they would pay but they have not done so, but in addition that is not the only issue. They did not even bother rebooking me on another flight (or even informing me) when the flight was cancelled a few days before the flight. This is unacceptable handling of irrops and they made no acknowledgment or apology for it.
Old Oct 4, 19, 9:04 am

Update: after filing required forms and documents with FOCA, I have received 1200 EUR compensation in my bank account
SK, chris63 and dtbe like this.
Old Oct 4, 19, 3:42 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Update: after filing required forms and documents with FOCA, I have received 1200 EUR compensation in my bank account
Great 👍

Just a shame it took all that effort to get them to meet their obligations
Old Oct 4, 19, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Great 👍

Just a shame it took all that effort to get them to meet their obligations
Yeah no doubt. Strategy seems to be "let's see who is willing to go through trouble and who is not".

Search this Thread
Search Engine: