77W F Broken Seats

Old Dec 1, 18, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
77W F Broken Seats

Iíve seems enough posts about this to believe that either there are a few of them or Swiss isnít fixing them quickly enough. It would be great to know which seats are impacted so we know to avoid them.

Anyways, to start this off, I was booked on LX 38 ZRH-SFO in August in 1A. I was informed that my seat was broken via phone call while I was in FCL E. Didnít receive compensation because I was able to take another window seat.

anyone else?
Old Dec 2, 18, 7:59 pm

Programs: LXFF
My wife's seat broke mid flight years back on the A330. To the MD's amazement and horror, my wife went fiddling in the back of the seat and pulled out a metal tray (the ones they serve drinks on the arm rest) and a water bottle and the seat was fine after that Just saying, its entirely possible something is just blocking the mechanism! They gave us a wine bottle for out troubles.
Old Dec 3, 18, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
In my case they refused to do anything with the seat and moved me to an aisle. They also cordoned off the seat.

I also heard that a couple wanted the center seats but one was at a window. I asked them to see if they could ask that couple to change their seats as a courtesy so I could get a window. They said they would.

They never asked.

Then, when it became obvious to the couple that I was the passenger stiffed out of a window seat and that they wanted the center seats, were all like "duh, let's trade."

Sometimes I think the staff in Zurich is incompetent. A lot of reaction, but rare to see pro-action. The latter separates excellent service from whatever service. For what it's worth, I still get glimpses of it on both LH and LX. The US carriers and BA have been purely reactive for over a decade in all of my interactions.
Fabo.sk likes this.

Search this Thread