Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone succesfully used the "Swiss Choice" upgrade option?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by asimha
Have confirmation (since Swiss does not reply) that web upgrades - Swiss Choice - will only work if booked on swiss.com and not through a travel agent.
Not sure how difficult it would be to add a clear message on the website; I am an old developer but can still write HTML if that helps
I'm quite sure I have done it on TA bookings as well in the past. For that you just have to call in to the service center, that worked for me. And even with direct LX/swiss.com bookings the option does not always appear online; in those cases, obviously as long as seats are available, it can still be done simply by calling the service center.
asimha likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Hi,

If you book through Swiss directly you have the chance to fly business for as little as 110€ per direction. I used this option many times, but I booked it from the beginning. For example MAD-ZRH-VIE en K and return in P. That is the best deal.
As not all flights have P class available you cannot upgrade afterwards. That's the case if you returned to the "manage my booking" later and tried to add services (seats, meals, upgrades) I was trying to do that sometimes and I always got a reply "the upgrade is not available for your flight". I imagine that the company already sends you the ticket....In that case the only option is to do it as I described above.
The other option is calling the reservation centre and check with them the upgrade, which in this case will be an reissue (new fare - paid fare + 50€ aprox for a fee, depending on fare)
Regards
asimha likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by airoli
I've never really looked into these upgrades but I have a longer European flight coming up and am now considering it if price is reasonable.

I credit my miles to UA these days. Would the upgrade change my accrual rate to Business Class - and if so, which booking class?
In my opiniion is is not worth it. Short European flights (less than 2hrs) have very limited catering and in C class is a crap, besides you are hungry, you sit in the same economy seats (the middle is empty) and you get to your destination as if you travelled in economy. I used to fly P a lot in the past but was always a little disappointed, except for ZRH IST flight which was 2.45h long and the catering was acceptable. But if you fly ZRH VCE which is 45' you get a tiny salad, a tiny bread and a small sweet. Not worth 110€ ( I think now it is 130€ already)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's not worth even 20 Euros. I've stopped taking these upgrades and I know I am not missing anything. Especially since this glorious idea of awarding miles based on the amount spent. Previously there was a minimum amount of arbitrage with the extra qualifying miles that you got.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.